Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CLS500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can help me out with this.
A couple weeks ago a cd got stuck in the in-dash cd changer. I tried to eject it but it wouldn't come out then the cd changer door-faceplate got stuck open. I tried to force it closed and ended up breaking the motor for the motorized door. I now need a CD Changer motor (which my dealer has been no help in trying to locate even with a picture) a cd changer or ipod kit to take its place.

Can someone help me locate this motor?

I tried to remove the changer but the Command unit would not work with the fiber optic cable disconnected from the changer.

Is there a fiber cable terminator that will let me remove the changer until I can either replace it or delete it?

Also I would like to know if anyone knows the part# for the storage container that would replace the cd changer. I saw it on the itronics site a while back but the site is now down.

Here is a picture of the markings on the motor:

·
Premium Member
1985 190E2.6(junked), 1995c220, 2000CLK430(totaled), 2001C240, 2009 CLS
421 Posts
Call Jimmy Chen ( New Jersey) , he fixed mine for $400. dealer wanted $1800.00

201-312-2317 AKA Alpine Auto Sound

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
I tried to remove the changer but the Command unit would not work with the fiber optic cable disconnected from the changer.

Is there a fiber cable terminator that will let me remove the changer until I can either replace it or delete it?
I don't think that you need a 'terminator'. If you take an item B out of the 'loop' A-B-C-D, you just connect A to C.

·
Registered
2006 CLS500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I understand this correctly. The connector going into the changer has 2 fiber wires, 1 in and 1 out to the next device on the chain, correct? What would the next device on the chain and will this connector even reach it? What I think I would need is a jumper to connect the 2 fiber wires in the cd changer connector so I dont break the chain if the changer is not the last in line.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
I'm just guessing now - not having done this task....

Firstly, MB used 2 types of fiber optic BUS systems during the years 03 to 08. On my CLK it was D2B up to 2005. It then changed to MOST. I do not know what the CLS arrangement is.

About completing the loop when an item is removed, logic says that you just need an 'in-line connector' into which you can plug the 2 free ends of the fiber optic cable loop. I don't know if such a part exists - but the MB parts desk guy should be able to help you here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 CLS500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to find the part for the motor through my dealer. It is only available as an assembly for the cd changer carrier-housing. He was also able to find the part to replace the cd changer with a storage container.

I will post Part #s and Pics when the parts arrive for the next guy.

·
Registered
2006 CLS500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up replacing the CD changer tray because of the broken Motor
Tray Part # 2116830091
Deleted the CD Changer and installed storage container
Pigeonhole Part # 2196800552
The 2 fiber wires in the connector going into the changer had to be removed from the connector and "spliced" together using the coupler in the kit from the dealer
Cable Harness Part # 2115406633

Hope this helps the next person looking to remove the changer. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was your car recoded to remove the cd changer option number? Normally the motorized pocket does not work if you simply remove the cd changer (the motorized door circuit listens on canbus for a signal from the cd changer, so it won't close the door while a cd is ejected from the changer).

·
Registered
2006 CLS500
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No recoding. The changer no longer shows up as a device on the command screen. There is a connector that is left over that used to go to the changer. This might have been what tells the computer not to activate the motor while a cd is being ejected. Just a guess but it works perfect.

·
Registered
2006 MERCEDES BENZ CLS55 AMG | P30 PACKAGE
105 Posts
Just get an iPhone adapter installed and stream Pandora or play songs off the iPod. Don't need CD's anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts