Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

CD changer issue

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DACHIGGA 
#1 ·
i have been having problems with my 6 disc Cd changer i have 6 cd's in it but it keep saying mag Empty can anyone help me with this problem

do i need to get a NEW MAG or the Whole CD Changer?

#3 · (Edited)
Replace the magazine!! You might be able to run down to the local MB retailer and ask very very nicely at the parts counter if they would let you try a new one! If a new mag doesnt work (which Im 99% positive it will)... then you need a new changer, and you'll have another mag for 6 cds and can easily change mags for more music more easily available!!! SWEET!

#4 ·
Why would the magazine be messed up? Its a very simple piece of plastic with no moving parts besides the cd trays that slide in and out, and they're all intact as well. It was working fine and I changed from cd 1 to cd 6 then no dice, any other suggestions?

#5 ·
for some reason, I'm inclined to think it's similar to the "NO CD CHANGER" msg. IOW
the head unit electronics are somehow fooled and is hocking a lugee. i'd try using
the same reset tricks one uses to try and resolve that variation-on-a-theme problem
and see if that helps/works first....if not just to eliminate these low cost solutions.
search the AUDIO forum as this resurfaces every month or so. same for EMPTY
MAGAZINE

#7 ·
tnx flapper. but the annoying thing is that these anomalies are reported from
folks sometimes with new gear, or, all of a sudden.... then after some hair
pulling and curses and removal of fuses etc, it works again. so wuzzup
with that? given the frequency of such reported ailments, I'm inclined to
cast a broader net and assume that.....MB head unit and changers are
crap. so what do you recommend other than 1) taking to dealer, 2) buy
new magazine/changer, 3) go aftermarket, 4)......?

#8 ·
MB radios in my humble opinion are kinda crap. The fiber optic transmitters are tempermental (older D2B style, the newer MOST system seems more reliable), and for the most part (especially newer models) the software programing always has some stupid glitch. Keep in mind as well, that a lot of problems arise from remanufactures units as well, becasue in my mind, the original problem for which that component got replaced, may never have been resolved during the reman process. Maybe one day all these issues will be resolved. I dont have a good permanent fix for you.

#9 · (Edited)
WaveyKat said:
i have been having problems with my 6 disc Cd changer i have 6 cd's in it but it keep saying mag Empty can anyone help me with this problem

do i need to get a NEW MAG or the Whole CD Changer?
You need a new changer, I've had the same thing happen, after listening to a CD, I want over a huge bump and all of sudden the radio told me the mag is empty, when I got home, I quickly switched over to my dad's w210's magazine (which is the same) , same thing, went to the dealer, they replaced the whole changer for me free of charge. Oh and my mag work's in the w210.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.