Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with the procedure for installing the MB 6-Disc changer in the (non-Bose setup) 240? I've heard that the fiber optic systems require some programming for the radio to recognize the CD, so I am not sure if this is something I should tackle on my own.<p>Also, does this require pulling the head unit out of the dash or can the connections be made from behind/underneath?<p>It would pain me to bring this back to the dealer and get hit for a couple hours labor! Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A guy from the SLK forum did his and it should be the same...

He has pictures and detailed instructions on how to do it.<p>Click the link

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have done the install on SLK, C-class (W202), and E-class. On these cars, you just find the cables in the trunk, then install the bracket, changer and connect the cables. As far as I know, only the SLK requires the dealer to enable the changer, and even then, you can avoid it by pulling the head unit and swapping the fiber-optic cables.<p>I'm guessing that you DO have to pull the head unit to install the changer on the W203, since the fiber optic cables are part of the install kit and the mounting location in the glove box is located close to the head unit. If the W203 is like the W202, you need a set of "keys" to pull the head unit. The dealer sells them for about $6.00, but probably won't have them in stock. You can also buy them stereo shops.<p>If you're lucky, you might be able to go to your dealers service department and have them print out the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for the CD changer installation for you.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: Is anyone familiar with the procedure for installing the MB 6-Disc changer in the (non-Bose setup) 240? I've heard that the fiber optic systems require some programming for the radio to recognize the CD, so I am not sure if this is something I should tackle on my own.<p>Also, does this require pulling the head unit out of the dash or can the connections be made from behind/underneath?<p>It would pain me to bring this back to the dealer and get hit for a couple hours labor! Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this. <p>I have the bose system in the new c class and brought my changer to the dealer. They installed it for $120. I though it would be alot more. This dealer was Fletcher Jones in southern california. I did hear that they did have to program the head unit to reconize.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
: Is anyone familiar with the procedure for installing the MB 6-Disc changer in the (non-Bose setup) 240? I've heard that the fiber optic systems require some programming for the radio to recognize the CD, so I am not sure if this is something I should tackle on my own.<p>Also, does this require pulling the head unit out of the dash or can the connections be made from behind/underneath?<p>It would pain me to bring this back to the dealer and get hit for a couple hours labor! Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this. <p>I have the bose system in the new c class and brought my changer to the dealer. They installed it for $120. I though it would be alot more. This dealer was Fletcher Jones in southern california. I did hear that they did have to program the head unit to reconize.<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts