Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '99 C280 with the factory deck. i want to add a cd receiver or changer, but it appears that the fiber optics won't allow for just any add on. can i still add a low cost RF CD Changer?

Another problem that I have right now is that the volume in my car randomly increases and decreases on it’s own. I don’t know what the problem is. Any idea? it happens even when i am not moving.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
vahdam - 4/13/2005 12:23 AM

i have a '99 C280 with the factory deck. i want to add a cd receiver or changer, but it appears that the fiber optics won't allow for just any add on. can i still add a low cost RF CD Changer?

Another problem that I have right now is that the volume in my car randomly increases and decreases on it’s own. I don’t know what the problem is. Any idea? it happens even when i am not moving.
If you have a fibre optic (D2B) car then stick with it - no sense in trying to re-engineer the car for the sake of try to get more options. In any event consider the ICE-link since it does the same for the iPOD as the CD changer will do. Only it gives you so many more tunes.

As for the wayward volume one can only guess what that is but it doesnt sound like a trivial fault.

·
Registered
CLK430
261 Posts
You might also want to consider an Omnifi DMP1.....it holds 20Gig of mp3's. I love mine!!! It is only half full and I have about 2600 songs on it. Crutchfield have them on sale a little while ago for like $250. No changin' CD's ever again!!!! YYAAAAAAAAy [:p]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts