Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
C220 CDI T A & A200 CDI A
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my earier post "CD Changer for 1998 CLK" I learned that it is possible to use Alpine S600, S601, S611, S620, S630, S634 changers with my MB Audio Special radio. I was also informed that the vehicle should be prewired even if I do not have a changer. People helping me told me that I should find a round connector for the changer by looking behind the carpeted panels in the trunk.

Can somebody tell me on which side of the trunk should I find the connector? Yesterday, I took a look under the liners. Removing them was a bit tricky so I did not dare to remove them completely without knowing if it was the right place. In which level should I find the cable under the liner - top, middle or bottom? On the right there were mostly pneumatic cables going to a control box. On the left I found electic cables but none of them seemed to end up in a free round plug.

·
Registered
'02 430 CLK Cabrio
18 Posts
What color is the cable?

I'm looking to add the changer to my '02 CLK430. I found some wires, but nothing obvious without removing the whole liner. Anyone know what color the cable is?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
On the left I found electic cables but none of them seemed to end up in a free round plug.
Tuomas, you're not going to find a free round plug... you will find a rectangular ISO 10-position connector (similar to VW/Audi 8-position connector). To get to the round plug of the Alpine, you need the adapter from someone like PIE.

-s-

·
Registered
C220 CDI T A & A200 CDI A
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
European '98 CLK 230 Kompressor Elegance Coupe is not prewired

I removed all the liners in my European '98 CLK 230K with Mercedes Audio Special sound system. The trunk was not prewired.

Next I checked behind the radio. Sad, but true: The changer cable was missing.

-> European '98 CLK 230 Kompressor Elegance Coupe with Mercedes Audio Special sound system is not prewired.[:(]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts