Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on aftermarket CD Changer and OEM Adapter for 2001 E320.

Local audio shop says Alpine S630 works with aftermarket OEM adapter (must order)

But local Benz dealer says "No", must buy $900 unit from them. Bunkum???

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, the issue why MB dealer said no is the optical fiber thing in the trunk. Well, dont pay 900 for dealer, pay 500 on websites or 400 on ebay . Just go searching! Mindyou, you wil get stuck with a OEM compatible changer needing a mounting bracket and a felt cover to in the trunk

If not, your method is selling hte factory head unit and getting both things new.

Local audio shop says Alpine S630 works with aftermarket OEM adapter (must order)

Thanks

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts

Thanks
Although logikman kinda said this, to make it clear:

NO, the S630 will not work with a 2001 E320 stock headunit. Because there is no adapter available as of now.

-s-

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes E320
3 Posts

Thanks
For my 2000 E320 I bought the MB OEM unit from this guy in Florida including OEM trunk bracket. It takes about 10 minutes to install. Make sure if you use the MB OEM unit the orientation compensator on each side of the unit is set to vertical. Mine came set to horizontal.

I guess its possible your unit installs under the glove box. Someone else with a 2001 needs to chime in. My 2000 was in the trunk.

here is the guys name. I think the name of the company is like "Three K's Benz shop". He saved me about $500 compared to the dealer.

Keith Joiner
305 598 2424

1 - 4 of 4 Posts