Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ML320
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of having my '98 ML retrofitted with an MCS/Comand navigation system and cd changer (it currently has only am/fm/cassette). Once I have this installed, will I be able to use my cd changer if I have the navigation on?

Thanks.

·
Registered
'08 Acura MDX
3,108 Posts
cavallino - 2/26/2005 6:42 PM

I'm thinking of having my '98 ML retrofitted with an MCS/Comand navigation system and cd changer (it currently has only am/fm/cassette). Once I have this installed, will I be able to use my cd changer if I have the navigation on?

Thanks.
Yes! The NAV DVD or CD goes inside the MCS, so you can navigate AND listen to the CD changer CDs!

Be sure to read Benza's pub on the install ...

<a href="http://www.benzworld.org/publications/pub.asp?id=119" target=new>Click!</a>

and note the MCS part numbers. You must use a MY '00 MCS in order to use the CD changer. Starting with MY '01, the MCS was Fiber Optic - your non-FO CD changer won't work with it.

If you get a FO MCS and a FO CD changer, click on the links in my sig for FO harness install info.

·
Registered
ML55AMG
176 Posts
you can have both on. if the cd is playing, and the navigation says something, your cd volume will get lower and the navigation voice will say what it needs to, and then raise your cd volume up again.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks for the help guys. Incidentally, how much better is the CD sound with fiber optic?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts