Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 420sel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
my 420sel left caster is set at +8 and at high speeds 70mph i feel the car shimmy on the left side just got 5 new tires,balance,upper and lower ball joints, front shocks, 4 wheel ailgnment, but the reading on the alighnment readout has the left caster max at +8 (Sears Auto Center) unable to adjust the Caster. anyone have the same problem? and how did you get the problem solved..... Thanx in advance

·
1991 500SEC 55K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 153K mi. 2020
4,996 Posts
Hi smallchange225,

The vibration you feel is due to an imbalance/component looseness/tire, not the alignment.

You might do a search in the W126 discussions on caster, alignment etc. there is a lot there.

Here is a prior discussion that might shed come light for you.

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1181461&posts=13&hl=caster

[:)] Cheers, MBL

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Sorry dude, but the sears auto center is Not the place to be taking your MB. Take your car to an alignment shop that deals with these cars on a regular basis. I've said it in past threads on this topic, but i'll say it again, the aligment you get is Only going to be as good as the fellow operating said equipment. I Know there has to be at least a few shops that take this sort of thing seriously.

Ask around, see where the better shops send their cars for alignments etc...

Jonathan

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,095 Posts
I agree. I learned the hard way by taking mines to Sears before. Never again!!!

·
Registered
1989 420sel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just schudule it to go to MB dealer on tuesday morning for alignment......i only let sears do the alignment cuz thats where i got the tires....but belive me i WONT do that again....and i should have knew better from the start..BENZ and SEARS is not a good mix............ [:(!]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts