Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Mercedes CLA 250: Launch Edition 4Matic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post so please be patient with me, I'm not too car savvy.

I have a 2000 Mercedes Ml320 (I think, it also might be 2001, my dad forgot) and I have a problem with the Cassette player. The screen on my MCS head unit says "Tape Error, Tape may be too tight".

I searched all over this forum, but I can't seem to get a straight answer, and it's complicated for me to understand without pictures or simple explanation - some people say "take out the radio" which I have no idea how to do, or to "unplug the radio" and then replug.

I have tried pulling on the tape cassette itself (it has an AUX cable attached to it). I would just like some basic help with figuring out how to take the cassette tape out and/or getting the thing to work.

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
Let's start by removing the fuse, waiting, and replacing. Fuse box is under hood and fuse locations are on the cover. Make sure you have your radio code before the procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
2014 Mercedes CLA 250: Launch Edition 4Matic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if the fuse thing helped, but we did that along with prying the cassette out with a screwdriver and pliers. Apparently my dad doesn't know the radio code, so we're going to the dealership tomorrow to get it. Thanks anyway though!

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,105 Posts
I don't know if the fuse thing helped, but we did that along with prying the cassette out with a screwdriver and pliers. Apparently my dad doesn't know the radio code, so we're going to the dealership tomorrow to get it. Thanks anyway though!
You do not have to go to the dealer. Call them, supply them with you full vin# and ask for the radio code. Or call this number 1-800-535-2122 and do the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts