Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I purchased the duo from amazon.com with an extra 64mb card to make the total memory 128mb.The digtal casette works fine.The sound clarity is good depending on the the bitrate you downloaded your mp3 at. If you down load anything lees than 128 bitrate it sounds as good as a tape and takes up less memory.The higher the bit rate the better it sounds, but takes up more memory.It can take a while to find the song you want if you have 128mb of memory or about 20 to 30 song at 128 bitrate.Remember you have to fast forward for about 1 sec then stop it to get to the next song, its a little more time consuming than a cd.You can seperate the music if you want also_On the duo 64 it has a slot for an addition 64mb mmc card.The software that comes with the duo lets you put the music on the non removable flash memory or the mmc card.I have slow music on the internal flash memory and fast music on the mmc card memory.But the bad thing is if you want to have the same benefits of a disk changer you better buy a lot of additional mmc cards.For example if you have 3 cds in your car that you want to listen to you would have to buy two mmc cards to download that amount of music.The mmc card cost 60 bucks.The good thing is you can erase the music as many times as you want without losing sound qaulity.The duo 64 comes with two batteries,make sure you keep them both charged if one die put the other one in.The dead battery should be put in the nice little dc car charger thats included,with auto-shuttoff when fully charged.By the time your other battery dies the battery currently charging will be charged. The dc charger is fast compared with the ac charger.Overall I like the duo I just which someone would make a mmc card with more memory or reduce the price of the 64mb mmc cards which in my opinion is expensive, but you now just like computers in time the memory increases and get cheaper.Just wait.<p>hh1099090.direcpc.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts