Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Got it late yesterday from Jaguar Land Rover in Ventura. Its owner wanted a MiniCooper.

It's Smoke Silver, creme beige interior, a 1990 car, lifetime So Cal Car, 89,002 miles, ALWAYS garaged, only 2 owners, the first an old lady that got it new from Jim Slemons Mercedes (now Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach) who died, and it was discovered in her garage in 2002 with 35k on the clock, and the next owner lived in Malibu and had it. Now mine.

Now that I have detailed it, and cleaned it up and examined the records I found out that aside from an air filter, it needed NOTHING. Totally turnkey, and runs out great, on Hwy 126 yesterday had a race with a WRX and went over 120 and beat him, and it pulled the Grapevine to Bakersfield just fine.

I have the VMI from Mercedes Benz of Valencia, the Carfax, the russian website vin check and California smog history.

All checks out, a lifetime lo mi So Cal car without issues.

Very good expenditure for 6800. Original Calif plates paid to March 2010.

I like the color too.

·
Registered
'83 380SEC AMG'ed euro, '92 500SL, '91 190e 2.6 5-speed
2,389 Posts
Nice car Jim. They look great together. Thanks for the decal advice as well.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Now that I have detailed it, and cleaned it up and examined the records I found out that aside from an air filter, it needed NOTHING. Totally turnkey, and runs out great, on Hwy 126 yesterday had a race with a WRX and went over 120 and beat him, and it pulled the Grapevine to Bakersfield just fine.
Glad you have working Airbags... Think they will save you at 120+ if you flip?

Also, what is that on the pass side door and QP and front bumper and rear QP?

Also, is the Drivers side reverse lens yellowish? Or is that just the lighting? The Pass side looks fine.

Clean car otherwise.... Congrats..

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
13,543 Posts
Nice condition, looks very straight and shiny. My car has that slightly yellowed reverse lense on one side too.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
Interior looks very nice.. the leather and wood look to be in great shape. The color of the interior is great too, although I'm partial to Gray :p Is that the "mushroom" color?

The outside is fine... but I noticed it might have been a victim of a truck or SUV backing into the area of the door and fender? The rear wheel arch also shows a sign of a dent in the same height as the other place. Know the story behind that? It doesn't look to be bad... a body shop place should be able to fix that without much problem.

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Yep that is the infamous "Mushroom" color interior. (Wish I had his driver's seat in Mariah).
I think Cascade stated in an earlier post that a PO hit the garage door backing out once.

Great Snag Jim.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you have working Airbags... Think they will save you at 120+ if you flip?

Sniping like that is utterly uncalled for. Just knock it off, ok, Mike?

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
more pic's

Picking up the car at the Jaguar dealer in Ventura CA

engine not detailed yet.

Tom was the Jaguar salesman who put together the deal.:thumbsup:

Getting ready to leave the Jaguar dealer. I would drive one away the other would be delivered the next day

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Detailed it out today.

It has a clean engine compartment now.

All done. Now ready to hit the road.

·
Registered
1983-2007 MB's
8,020 Posts
Woulda been fun to join ya on that stretch on the I-15 to Vegas in the new 911.

Congrats on a nice specimen - once the minor cosmetics are addressed, windows tinted, she's ready to go!

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
Nice SEC. Keep me in mind if you ever decide to part with it....

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Congrats Jim! You couldn't resist another one huh? Are you going to use this daily so you can park your AMG?

Hope you could fix all the little niggles here and there, we both know you're a perfectionist :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts