Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"Sport" = 18" AMG wheels/and body kit, lowered, etc.

a white one

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,362 Posts
Did you buy one? The latest E classes are nice and are helping the MB name to reaffirm its quality class-leading status.

·
Registered
2005 E55
786 Posts
Thats the nicest looking new MB.

Do anyone else here think that the new fish mouth cars look bad? CLS for example?

·
Registered
1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
7,563 Posts
Pics?

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you buy one? The latest E classes are nice and are helping the MB name to reaffirm its quality class-leading status.
Yes .... from my nearest dealer. Pic's coming asap.

But, the SEC and the E420 get to stay. Sayonara to the '11 Outback....

·
Registered
1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
7,563 Posts
You're going to have quite the MB collection.
All you need is a convertible to round out the stable. Jody is selling a couple of her's over on the 107 forum...

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,362 Posts
Thats the nicest looking new MB.

Do anyone else here think that the new fish mouth cars look bad? CLS for example?
Nah I like them, once I'd got used to it anyway. I am liking most of the newer styled MB's now, which makes a change.
There is an unbelievably ugly MB mini van/people carrier type thing coming out though. Really quite something.

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
I think the new MB's are fantastic. I want one. I'll always have the w126, but man the new ones are way cool.

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,492 Posts
I love this one!!

I fell in love with this one night before last in Don Cuco's Parking lot in Acton.
Don't know the year, but CL500. Sliver Blue over Grey interior.
I'll take one please!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
My cousins have a CL500 just like that but in silver. Great car. I really hope they give me first chance to buy it when they're ready to sell.

What's the new toy got under the hood?

·
Registered
W126, R107, W210 AMG, W221
342 Posts
The W212 is not good. Stay away..exterior-gorgeous. Interior-plastic heaven. Creaking dash after 5k Km? Come on..
If you must, buy W221 2008+ at least. Or wait .. W222 is round the corner. Better keep on the W126.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

AMG 18"

"Sport" has lowered suspension and AMG style body kit --

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
interior

"Sport" theme continues inside,

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Purty. I was admiring one not long ago on the street, except it was the "bluetec" diesel. It took me a little bit to get used to the look of the new MB's, but now I think they're at least better than they have been in the past 20 years. Pretty much everything they're putting out is, or can with little modification, look damn fine imo... This being one of the ones that is already there.

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
The W212 is not good. Stay away..exterior-gorgeous. Interior-plastic heaven. Creaking dash after 5k Km? Come on..
If you must, buy W221 2008+ at least. Or wait .. W222 is round the corner. Better keep on the W126.
Plastic is pretty much the norm these days. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing... it's just different. There are good, super strong compounds and then there are cheap inferior compounds. There are a lot of plastics that will outlive natural materials and wear much better. Plastic can also be a big help in weight savings for better fuel economy and streamlined manufacturing processes. This is to keep costs down and to put the dollars towards other features that may be more important to todays customers. That's the way the new cars are made today. Technology just keeps improving. If todays manufacturers used the same materials that they did in the w126, these models would most likely cost twice as much.

Are cars better today than 20 years ago? In general, I would say yes. You get better performance, better fuel economy, better safety features and a dizzying array of technological gadgets that make driving more suitable to todays demands.

In the end, it's all a trade-off. Plus, comparing the w126 to todays MB's isn't really apples to apples.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts