Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here goes. I've read reams of info iro Carsoft 7.4 including THAT long thread. Halfway through the 50 odd pages I was about to order the multiplexer & 7.4 then someone posted it would not work with a PMS system.
Is someone able to confirm if the following combination justifies the purchase of 7.4 ?
1995 C180 chassis, 1994 C180 engine, 38 pin OBD, PMS ( Pressure Manifold System ) and the Carsoft 7.4 multiplex package. I'll get a PCMCIA serial port for the laptop but will start with an old desktop with onboard serial port.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
OK, here goes. I've read reams of info iro Carsoft 7.4 including THAT long thread. Halfway through the 50 odd pages I was about to order the multiplexer & 7.4 then someone posted it would not work with a PMS system.
Is someone able to confirm if the following combination justifies the purchase of 7.4 ?
1995 C180 chassis, 1994 C180 engine, 38 pin OBD, PMS ( Pressure Manifold System ) and the Carsoft 7.4 multiplex package. I'll get a PCMCIA serial port for the laptop but will start with an old desktop with onboard serial port.
It wont.

Its much easier to use the flashing light. In your situation anyway.

Whats the car doing BTW?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mm, thanks. I've had the parts for the DIY kit on my desk for a couple of months now but always hoped that CS 7.4 would point out errors in a language I could understand. The more I read the more I realise I'll be wasting money on the purchase. There are no real issues with the car ( just a faulty fuel guage that works on & off .. not the sticky issue ) but I'm no longer in a financial position to take the vehicle to someone else for general servicing etc. Have learned, via you guys and this forum, to do most of the stuff myself.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
There are no real issues with the car ( just a faulty fuel guage that works on & off .. not the sticky issue
Define off and on. What exactly does it do, when it does it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guage hovers around the reserve area ( orange light ) most of the time. Then sometimes when I start the car to come home it reads accurately. Next morning orange light again. I can fill the car and the guage works accurately all the way down to empty ... sometimes. I've taken the connectors off the sender units and sprayed and cleaned them .... no difference. I've noticed on two occasions that after having the fuse box opened to put foam at the bottom to stop rattles it worked 100% for a day or so then it's back to weeks of orange light with the needle in the middle of the orange. I did manage to find a thread on how to take readings from the sender units and the ends of the plugs. Just waiting for the weather to clear up before I do that as I don't have a garage ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts