Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
500 SE (1989), 304,000 km.
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this time I'm looking for a new piece of carpet for that area, below the front arm-rest area, since when I bought my Benzo two years ago it had a white paint-stain on it. It was black carpet. Know where I can buy this piece online, and any part #, whatever?

RS ;-)

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,247 Posts
Both GAHH and World Upholstry sell the MB carpets.

However, the smallest length they sell is a yard and costs about $80. Shipping to Finland would add quite a lot to the bill. You should be able to find a source in Europe.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey Axel,

Thanks for the info. What's the name of that carpet piece -- anyone know? I can't find it under the parts search from GAHH, for ex.

The small "carpet" piece I need is where the pictured storage box goes.

RS ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is it called "central console" carpet? Can that small piece really be 80 bucks? Any of you improvised with getting a piece of plush carpet (color according to your preference) and cutting it to shape to fit in that space?

·
Registered
79 240 D - 82 300 D - 79 300SD - 96 dodge cummins
97 Posts
hey just a thought but what about goin to the junk yard and finding a car any car whip out the good ol trusty pocket knife slicing out a chunk then take it home and cut to size :D

·
Premium Member
1989 560SEC AMG Euro / 2012 C300 4Matic Sport / 2006 CLS500 AMG
2,347 Posts
My local carpet and rug store sells something very similar in appearance to the MB stuff that sits in the centre console for less than $5/yard.

Check with your local rug guy first, you might be pleasantly suprised!

- Steve

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,613 Posts
If your carpet colour is black, it should be fairly easy to match it up from almost any source.

Any other colour starts getting more difficult, the grey is NLA from MB in Australia at least. GAHH sell it as Axel says, but it is not cheap.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you reckon about the cup holder?

Hey folks,

Thanks for further input on this thread from May. My interior carpet is black, so, as wisely suggested by you guys, I'll just get some black plush carpet cut to size at a carpet store here. One more thing -- I recently ordered from Canada (Sundin International in Vancouver) this W126 cup holder, pictured below, for my centre console. Haven't received it yet. Will do in about 3 weeks. Reckon it'll fit better with the carpet first installed? Anybody know?

//RS

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1989 560SEC AMG Euro / 2012 C300 4Matic Sport / 2006 CLS500 AMG
2,347 Posts
It should fit better with the carpet removed.

I had to trim a very, very small amount off the rear of the cupholder to get it to fit 100%. Your mileage may vary.

- Steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:thumbsup: Cheers, Steve...good to know...I won't have to spend time looking for that carpet-piece now, and I won't miss not having that carpet-piece when the snug-fit cupholder is in there.

It should fit better with the carpet removed.

I had to trim a very, very small amount off the rear of the cupholder to get it to fit 100%. Your mileage may vary.

- Steve

·
Registered
W126 500 SEL 9/85 W124 E320T Brabus
2,075 Posts
For the euro members here...

All kinds of stuff here ---> Mercedes W126 Teile Ersatzteile Gebrauchtteile Fanseite

This company is specialized in the W126 and they got so much parts - they even have to sell them :D

Oooops - did i state, that i work there? :rolleyes:

We also sell worldwide - but most of the time its to expensive to send items... :( But its allowed to asks - we don´t bite :D

U will find our email here --> Impressum+Anschrift

Take a look at Fahrzeuge U will find the photo story of our complete restored 560 SEL

Ersatzteile --> our eBay-shop

Roland

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
I bought that cupholder for my 124. It fits perfectly. No need to remove the carpet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts