Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These are Carlsson 2/6 18x8.5....but I cannot find the offset stamped!?
Anybody know where they stamp it, or what the offset might be?

Thinking these for my wagon...

·
Registered
1992 300CE
667 Posts
Hey ps2cho,
They should be on the insides of the rims on the spokes. Labeled "ET__".
I'm assuming theyre in the mid 40's

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh its weird maybe I missed it, or it is caked under dirt....Just wondered if it was in some obscure location...

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They'll look great on your wagon. Let us see after you get them bolted on.
The lips need to be refinished (did it myself on the Monoblocks and came out GREAT!) and the tires are completely toast so I'll need a new set of those too (hello 2010 tax return jan 14th...but who's keeping track right?)

That and I need to get the springs cut on the wagon....I bet I could almost fit my head through the wheel-fender gap...:crybaby2: It is like a monster truck next to my 260E :eek:

·
Registered
682 Posts
it should be etched into the inside of the spokes, it wont be deep, itwill look like its been done with a vibro pen, if there is any dirt on there, it will cover it, just clean em up.

·
Registered
1992 300CE
667 Posts
If you need them polished, I know a guy that can do it for you. Since they're made by OZ and splittable he has all the proper tools and such to do work on them

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
They will look fantastic, more aggressive and larger than my wagon's 1/6. Cannot miss, and where on earth did you find'em? :)

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found em on craigslist for $450! Like I said though, tires are toast. What's a good set of tires that won't break the bank?

What are your 1/6's? 18x8?

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I own 1/6 evos in 18 and 17 and a set of 1/6 that are not evos. The evos have more aggressive look.

The wagon for me is a bit of a utility vehicle, so it wears the 17s. (In this case...17x7.5, et 32, I had a machine shop friend move that closer to et 35)

These are 18x8 et35 1/6 evos

These are 18x8 et35 1/6 (not evos)

The evo distinction...matters obviously, I like them more, depending on the car - the non evos have become my Sportline summer choice.

Tire wise, folks have all kinds of opinions, but for me when I want a set and price is a factor, I look hard at Generals, have run them on 2 cars for years, and just think they are a great value.

BTW, the topic comes up occasionally, and this link shows a set of your wheels as 8.5 wide w an et40, which I think is an excellent fitment opportunity. (dayum You!)

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w124-e-ce-d-td-class/1506246-picked-up-set-carlsson-1-6-a.html

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found it after some deep cleaning...

18x8.5 ET35.

A little disappointed...I'm not sure if that is too wide for the front....What do ya think?
Rears wont be an issue though.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I think it will fit with a tad of tire sacrifice, IE, 215x40s are a sure thing, and hope your way upward from there, 225x40 seems possible.

Of course, assuming fender roll and if you are so inclined, some spacers.

Great find, thay are going to look stunning, between the darker color and the more aggressive evo style, I think you have a killer estate around the corner. I would have bought those for that price even though I am all shoed up at the moment, my 3 (wagon, Cab, Sportline) all have Carlssons, but I'd have stored the 1/6 and slapped yours on the Sportline for a looksee. If straight, they will only increase in value.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it will fit with a tad of tire sacrifice, IE, 215x40s are a sure thing, and hope your way upward from there, 225x40 seems possible.

Of course, assuming fender roll and if you are so inclined, some spacers.

Great find, thay are going to look stunning, between the darker color and the more aggressive evo style, I think you have a killer estate around the corner. I would have bought those for that price even though I am all shoed up at the moment, my 3 (wagon, Cab, Sportline) all have Carlssons, but I'd have stored the 1/6 and slapped yours on the Sportline for a looksee. If straight, they will only increase in value.
Well luckily right now it has 235/40's on them so I can test them....The thread is showing though so it is not driveable other than at slow speeds for testing only.

If 235 is too much then I hope 225/40 will do the trick.

Like I said, the lips have some curbrash, but the wheels are straight....After I separate the pieces and get some paint stripper, sanding and polishing it will look almost brand new :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much are these worth if I refinish + polish the lips so there is no curbrash do you think?

I think I may just stick with my current 16 Lorensors so I can keep the wagon snow-chain-able....

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I think the size is not optimal, great look, but the tire sacrifice is the issue.

However, refinished, I would think someone in spring would fork over something close to $1000 +

But, uh, they don't look so bad, are they straight? And if you are gonna pass on them...what is the selling asking? :) Cause I aint looking, but on my white Cab, I tried the less aggressive 1/6 (non-evo) and switched back to the the evos. The 2/6 are MORE aggressive, and :) if not me, someone here wants those.

You should just get em, but if you don't...spill the beans?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh I already have them...

I'm always so busy so it'll take me some time to get em refinished, but once they look nice I'll post em up and let you know!

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Weird... what are the bolts that hold the face to the rim? They look like they are 10 point? I tried a triple square 8+10mm and it doesn't fit quite right and a regular 88/10mm hex...no go.

The heck are they?

·
Registered
682 Posts
you must buy the correct drive for those bolts, or you will strip em.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts