Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
06 E350 4matic -- 98 E38 740i
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering if this is all i needed to lower my car and how exactly does the process work?

I attached the website thats selling what i need and if you don't mind taking a look and giving your opinion.

Carlsson Sport Lowering Kit Mercedes E-Class W211 03+

My car is an 06 e350 4matic... and i believe i dont have airmatic so from my research i cant have the electronic lowering unfortunately

anyways tell me what you think

thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like a kit for non airmatic cars.
So thats all i need since my car is none airmatic? Can you just give me a little bit more info before i order them please, like will i have trouble since my car is a 4matic?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
Hey man
Me and noodle's had a chat about suspension while ago,
He said if you want to lower the car but also want a great drive you should go with coil covers.
You should have a chat with noodle's about this he would help you out a great deal.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,134 Posts
Those be the coilovers. Schnitzer is expensive.

I just read up on the Brabus SLS and they chose the Bilstein coilovers for that.

It amazes what places charge for them. As I get some time after the holidays I am
going to find out what the factory OEM spring rates are front and rear. Find some
well made brand name progressive rate springs (so ride quality will still be good) and
see what coilover conversion kits are out there. If not it can be done by getting some
parts that meet the specs and make coilovers from existing parts for half the price
or less.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks faizano and noodles i am in no rush since i live in Canada (toronto) and the weather at the moment is well yah kno!! cold:( so i got a few months until i can get this project started. I wanted to get some research done and maybe know what i am getting before the nice weather comes so i can have them installed as i changed my rims for the summer time..

I appreciate your help noodles so i guess ill just give it a month or so and will talk after the holidays

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
anytime, which rims are you getting? and what size?
:p
I already got the rims just took em off for the winter so i am riding stock for now :(...

you can check them out here

MHT Wheels Inc.

Go to Wheels and click on the MHT forged Edition and mine are the MHT Linea Black

The rims are custom made and they are 19 inches

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
very nice choice, show car rims ;)
How much did they cost man?
(Without the tires)
P.S i get my car back next week cant wait it'll have the sway bars, kleemann mods, cant wait to see how it goes then aye.
I dont like the rims i got on my car at the moment.
I got these 18inch.

but i wish i got 19's though but yeah to late to change now.
I went with 18's because i didnt want a rough ride with 20's nor the car siting higher.
But 18's dont look good on a big sedan like mercedes, 19's is the way to go like your rims.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those aren't bad actually, do you have a panoramic roof? Thats the reason why i got mine black so i got a black theme going with the matching roof. I really have to see how they look on your car and that can say alot more so post some pics when you get it back from the shop. Also how many horses is your car at now after you done all the mods? im curious:)

Thanks it took me a while to find these shoes for my baby and rim shops were quoting me different prices some really high but i was able to find them at $5,000 without tires The rims only come in 20 inches so after 1 month of waiting for them to be made they arrived and i made sure they put a custom Mercedes logo in the middle cap because i didn't want that MHT symbol and the tires are Pirelli.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I only have the normal sun roof and not the panoramic roof. I got a gloss black/chrome because having all blacks looks good but to many people have it same with chrome. And also the rim shops here didnt have many rims for mercedes and in my opinon i thought they were the best looking out of the bunch by far.
Stock e350 has 268BHP, after the mods mine has 340bhp so yeah i think thats an improvement for keeping is aspirated.

thats really is awesome, i bet it was worth ever dollar aye to make your ride look soo much better.
But also nice choice of tires as well.
I got michelin tires on mine.
But yeah im not a hoon and dont go around speeding or racing people, I got the mods for self happiness. Like in my opinion as long as you know your car goes good, thats all that matters ey (couldnt find the right words to use in that sentence hope it makes sense lol).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts