Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 E550: Miss my 2002 CLK55AMG Cab
247 Posts
Any Idea how this compares to my factory CLK55 AMG exhaust.

Do you think it's a significant performance increase, or just a sweet sound?

I was planning to do the star grill, and flat hood emblem as my first mods, as my warrany ends 4-26.... but am curious about this exhaust.

·
Registered
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly know nothing about them. Actually, I can't even think of one person on these forums that has that exhaust. My guess (and this is only a guess) is that it would be kinda like the difference between the amg and eisenmann exhaust. I'm sure the Carlsson has a different sound and may or may not be worth it for amg owners but it's definitely appropriate for 430 owners.

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
My friend went from an eisenmann sport to a quad carlsson setup on his C320 and it was lot quieter than the eisenmann.

·
BenzWorld W208 Host
140 Posts
I used to work for the UK agent for Carlsson, so I know a bit about their products the exhaust doesnt really add any more power, however gives a deeper, boomier sound than the AMG exhaust. The quality of Carlsson products are very good too.

·
Registered
2008 E550: Miss my 2002 CLK55AMG Cab
247 Posts
thanks... I think I am going for the grill for now...

cause....it's sexy........

[8)][8)]

Hope the chicks dig it.

If I end up with a loud chickie....then I will need to spend $$ on louder...deeper tone pipes.

·
Registered
CLK430 Cabrio
188 Posts
Thanks alot. I was watching that auction hoping no one else would notice it... Oh well, now I guess I'll have to bid what it's actually worth! [:)]

·
Registered
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh....sorry about that. I probably wouldn't be happy either if I had found something I really wanted and one of you guys posted it here.

·
Registered
CLK430 Cabrio
188 Posts
Naw, it's all good. I post in the eBay sticky all the time so I probably screw over alot of people here. I think it's all fair since the publicity forces an item to sell for its fair price instead of the stealth-buyer price. But on a few things, I've waited 'till it ended unsold and was relisted before I posted it just in case...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts