Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was looking in a Mercedes Benz part catalog at my parts department and noticed Mercedes makes a cargo mat/cargo box set up for the back of the ML350 (I have an 08). Anyone have this kit? I'm definetly getting some sort of mat for the back to protect the carpet but want something to keep things from sliding around the back and was considering this box setup. Was looking for input and solutions you have or feedback on this setup if you have it.

·
Registered
1999 ML320; 2003 S500 4Matic; 2004 ML500; 2008 ML350
168 Posts
I've got the mat and love it. I use two of the collapsible crates instead of the box. They fold away when you don't need them and they're only $15, instead of the $90+ for the box. Awesome set up.

Collapsible crate Part # 66470995
Rubber Cargo Mat part # 66648062

The website below is for the part department for Mercedes Benz of Ft. Lauderdale. Just do a search for the part numbers. Don't include the #, just the numbers. Done business with them before, excellent service.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214089&catalogid=0

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '12 BMW 650i Cab (lucky wife)
757 Posts
FWIW you can buy the same collapsibe crates at auto parts stores -- just not marked as MB parts -- for under ten bucks apiece. I got mine in Canada at Canadian Tire.

As with the front mats, the rear cargo cover is made by Weathertech, so you can get theirs online if your dealer doesn't carry the MB part.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure I got a good deal on the all the dealer's all weather mats. I paid $110. I've heard somewhere for the cargo box to sit "fitted" on the cargo mat they have to cut the mat. I wouldn't want that. Just wasn't sure if there was a preference from the dealer's cargo mat to the weathertech one.

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '12 BMW 650i Cab (lucky wife)
757 Posts
If what you got from the dealer was the flat rubber mats, you didn't get much of a deal: many dealers throw them in when you pick up the vehicle. But if you got the deep moulded bucket-style mats that hold water, then yes, $110 for the set isn't bad.

I don't know anything about the cargo box, but the collapsible crates that sam921 and I referred to don't require any cutting or fitting. They fold to about a half inch thick and stack on top of each other, then flick open to about 15" by 24" to hold things like bags of groceries. I carry two of them. I wish I had had something similar all the years I owned X5s!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I bought was the honey comb pattern ones. Not the plane rubber mats. I'm dealing with a completly different issue now. The paint on the hood has some imperfections in it. Had a body guy look at it this morning and he doesn't think its been wrecked but thinks somebody did some sub-par restoration on the hood from rock and chip damage. There picking the car up to check the paint and see whats going on. Maybe even repaint the hood. I think I'm going to pick up some of those collapsible crates too. Wish me luck with the paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts