Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Would someone help me interpret Carfax for 2008 E350 CPO?

Here's the link:

CARFAX Vehicle History Report on WDBUF56XX8B203610

Actually, I have some questions over the "Detailed History" part.

Let me show you it first.

And here's the questions.

1) In the Owner 1 section, it says the type is "Personal". Well, it was first reported "Registered as personal vehicle", but for three times later, it was reported "Registered as lease vehicle."

So this owner 1 guy bought this car? or personally leased this car?

2) If the owner 1 leased this car, why there are three records of "Registered as lease vehicle", especially in 3 different states?

3) It looks like the Owner 2 leased this car again. But why all of a sudden it was sold at auction in Pennsylvania, as a fleet vehicle?

4) There's nothing specifically wrong for the record of "Door Trim Panel Replaced" on 09/20/2010, right?

I know that there are lots of questions, but if you answer at lease one of them, I would greatly appreciate it. I've googled a lot, but I still can't understand these things :(

And if there is anything else I should notice, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,111 Posts
Concentrate on the fact the car has passed inspection to become a CPO car.

On the fact it's got a warranty for a year (or 100K miles if it reaches that first).

The inspection/certification process means infinitely more than anything in a Carfax report.

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
I see 2 bright spots in the report:
1. Lease. People who lease car tend to keep it "clean" because they can be penalized if there's cosmetic problem. They also promptly bring the car in for scheduled maintenance.
2. CPO.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Agree with Kent. That dealer went to an auction and bought a clean car that would pass the CPO inspection process. They were probably low on pre-owned cars (or specifically E350s) so there it is. I would not be worried about buying that car. Also, Carfax is a handy tool but you can't trust it 100%. I bought one with a good report that had been in an accident that was not reported.

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
The worry is on the bank account. Good clean car is not sold for cheap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@lkchris, @mbvis, @Musikmann

Thank you guys. It really helped me a lot. It looks like nothing's wrong with car, so I think I'll gonna take it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,729 Posts
I read quite a lot about CPO Mercedes have some body work done and other stuff.
Also people who lease the car might keep it clean outside, but hesitate to spend money on oil changes and other services.
Carfax in last years list the registered service, what I don't see here. I would insist on selling dealer to provide you copy with maintenance history and IMHO independent inspection might be worth the money as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts