Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Would someone help me interpret Carfax for 2008 E350 CPO?

Here's the link:

CARFAX Vehicle History Report on WDBUF56XX8B203610

Actually, I have some questions over the "Detailed History" part.

Let me show you it first.

And here's the questions.

1) In the Owner 1 section, it says the type is "Personal". Well, it was first reported "Registered as personal vehicle", but for three times later, it was reported "Registered as lease vehicle."

So this owner 1 guy bought this car? or personally leased this car?

2) If the owner 1 leased this car, why there are three records of "Registered as lease vehicle", especially in 3 different states?

3) It looks like the Owner 2 leased this car again. But why all of a sudden it was sold at auction in Pennsylvania, as a fleet vehicle?

4) There's nothing specifically wrong for the record of "Door Trim Panel Replaced" on 09/20/2010, right?

I know that there are lots of questions, but if you answer at lease one of them, I would greatly appreciate it. I've googled a lot, but I still can't understand these things :(

And if there is anything else I should notice, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Run an Autocheck also. Carfax is usually pretty useless (missed a frame damaged car I was looking at buying). Always run both. Looks like the vehicle was a personal lease that was returned to the leasing company and sold at auction. Others might disagree but I wouldn't be worried about anything I saw there. Get the Autocheck report and also go to your local Mercedes Dealer and ask them to check the vehicle history. If those both look clean.(no Accidents and services performed) I think you have a decent car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
E350 4M 06
2,744 Posts
It looks clean.

It sat on a dealer's lot for 10 or 11 months, someone leased it in July, 08. Their birthday is in February so they had their plates renewed in February(that is how it works in Michigan), they moved to N.J and had new plates and a new title issued in NOV 09. It was probably a 2 year lease, they turned it in July, 2010. It took 2 months to make its way to auction, the seller noticed damage on the door trim panel, they had it replaced and it sold in auction in SEP, 2010.

I don't see any problems.
Good Luck

Note: The lease company is probably in Fort Worth, TX

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@aoakleyc, thanks a lot! I've never thought about Autocheck. I should get Autocheck report as well. And also thanks for your comment on the carfax report above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@kiblawi1, So that's how they works in Michigan. I didn't know that. Thank you for detailed answer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts