Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
click the link. First shots I've made of the car with the rims. The images didn't come-out/scan that great, I know. More to come. I'll be updating that folder.<br>
<br>
The front rims were actually a little dirty too with about two days of brake dust. I realized about 2 seconds after I shot the last picture! :p You can't really tell though, other than the fronts not having the same amount of direct reflection of the sun as the rears.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
correction - Messed up the text on the link

err... woops. the text on the link 'broke' because I used a double quotes to denote inches after the 18. The link should have read<br>
<br>
'My C43 AMG with 18' Brabus Monoblock VI Rims'

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those look like they were made for the car...

those look great I msut say...i am looking to change the stock AMGs on my C43 right now and was heavily considering the VI's...are those the originals or the replicas? 17 or 18? they look staggered, di you go with 8.5 rears and 7.5 fronts? sorry for all the questions, I've never seen them on a w202, they look 20 times better than I thought they would...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: those look like they were made for the car...

Replica? no foe wheels here!<br>
:)<br>
<br>
They look even better in person! I kid you not. <br>
<br>
I was really concerned before I got them on the car that they'd look too 'Accura TL' like (have you noticed the similarity? Stock Accura's rims are 7 spoke, and no depth, but similar otherwise) I even kept the boxes in case I wanted to sell the rims. <br>
<br>
But no, I'm over that. The similarity between these rims on the car, and the Accura TL's stock rims, ends with how they look when take flush-on in a photograph. In real life they look incredible. The rims have a lot of character and depth. [and I'll toot my own horn, and say in some of the pictures I've taken show the rims off more than anywhere else I've seen]<br>
<br>
Yes, they're staggered sizes. 8.5x18 front, 9.5x18 rear. Tires are Potenze S-O3 Pole Positions, 225x40 and 255x35. <br>
<br>
No rubbing yet. But Brabus recommended I use the spacer they provided in the front just to be safe, and the rims do stick out a little in the front. <br>
<br>
I'm worried about lowereing the car because of that. I surmise that'll cause problems turning the wheel while the suspension's under heavy compression. I drive hard. Don't know if I should chance it.<br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts