Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
I'll shut the fuck up if you grow the fuck up. I'm sick of people that think they are the target of hate every time somebody disagrees with their opinion.

I expressed my honest opinion. Period. Did I say I hated it? No. Did I say I hated the owner? No. I actually respect the very action of adelaideslk (or anybody) modifying and posting pics of their cars, but don't have to like the modifications themselves.

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
Now I get it. You bought one too so if anybody doesn't like it, your little feelings get hurt and they're automatically a hater. Like I said grow up.

Takes some lessons from KuhlKarbon and Tungster. They are my favorite modders. I don't necessarily like all of their mods, but I respect them and their artwork. (Does it suprise you that I think it's artwork?). They're my favorites because they don't act like assholes when someone else has an opinion different from theirs.

·
Registered
2010 C300
283 Posts
Brian_R170 - 4/14/2006 9:03 PM

Now I get it. You bought one too so if anybody doesn't like it, your little feelings get hurt and they're automatically a hater. Like I said grow up.

Takes some lessons from KuhlKarbon and Tungster. They are my favorite modders. I don't necessarily like all of their mods, but I respect them and their artwork. (Does it suprise you that I think it's artwork?). They're my favorites because they don't act like assholes when someone else has an opinion different from theirs.
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaa.....one word my buddy. LOSER

·
Registered
SLK
543 Posts
Brian - no need to get so hyped up!

Relax - we've all been through this a thousand times before!

If you think Roadrage needed to grow up why did you then send a more abusive, foul language reply? Doesnt that mean that you need to grow up too? Bit hypocritical I think.

Thanks for jacking/ruining my thread with garbage fighting that belongs in the schoolyard! I remind you that you are in fact about 2.5 to 3 times our (roadrage and mine) age.

It's at the point where I cant be bothered posting up comments, modification plans, experiences and developments because it causes shit like this.

Nobody said you cant have an opinion...but i see why people get fired up at you (eg roadrage) because your comments are always so blunt and may be taken the wrong way.

If you posted a mod of your standard SLK that I didnt like (even though I know you wont) I would say "Nice job, looks good"....not "Whoooaaaa.....way to out there for me" etc.

Anyway - I dont want to be sucked into this childs play. It's over. The thread has been jacked, whacked and cracked - thanks again.

Roadrage - has your kit rocked up yet? Bet you're eager to get it!

G

·
When you post, do people want honest opinions?

When you say great job when it looks like crap I don't think your do anyone any favors.

Then again, most people don't live in the real world.

If you like it thats all that matters. Brian didn't like it and stated so. He didn't make any personal attacks. Roadrage just over reacted and deserves everything he got back for shooting off his mouth.

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
Not to actually jack this thread back on topic, or step in the middle of you boy's pissing contest but can we get some pics of the new interior under daylight/top down? I would love to see it that way to see if I am interested in going this route or not.
Peace

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
roadrage - 4/11/2006 10:11 PM

Brian_R170 - 4/13/2006 7:47 AM

Whoah. Too much for my taste. I'd almost rather keep the peeling interior. Sorry.

I'm still waiting for pics from somebody that has had it covered in leather.
Brian,

We are all on the forum to share ideas on upgrading our own cars to taste. If you don't like what you see shut the F**k up. Don't hate, it's so uncool. If you want to wrap your console in toilet paper go ahead, but like I said, we are here to share I ideas and not here to critized. Be a sport ok?
Dude, you need to relax.

The board is here for everyone to express their opinion and give feeback. If someone can't handle criticism then they should not post here.

What a boring place this would be if everyone had the same taste.

·
Registered
2006 SLK-55 AMG
737 Posts
To each his own as to the look of the true carbon interior. I have merged the pic of the "leather covered console" from another thread with the "real carbon fiber" console pic from this thread. Since neither is a realistic alternative for most of us (one-off carbon fiber versus Singapore-subsidized-price leather covering) its probably academic, but I would choose the look of the leather (on the right) over the CF on the left. I like the smell of leather better than polyester resin too. I don't think anyone could get that kind of beautiful leather work for $300 anywhere in North America.

Attachments

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
adelaideslk - 4/12/2006 12:03 AM
Brian - no need to get so hyped up!
Agree. I aplogize.

Relax - we've all been through this a thousand times before!
Again, I agree.

If you think Roadrage needed to grow up why did you then send a more abusive, foul language reply? Doesnt that mean that you need to grow up too? Bit hypocritical I think.
The "grow up" comment was about labeling and the reason for doing it, not about cursing, and I hardly think my reply was more abusive, more "edgy", maybe.

Thanks for jacking/ruining my thread with garbage fighting that belongs in the schoolyard! I remind you that you are in fact about 2.5 to 3 times our (roadrage and mine) age.
Your thread is jacked, but please don't thank me. Roadrage deserves the credit. I notice you direct no comments toward him, and you apparently believe his age justifies his actions, yet I should know better. Interesting. FYI, I'm 36, so that puts you guys at something between 12 and 15. That might explain a few things (just kidding).

It's at the point where I can't be bothered posting up comments, modification plans, experiences and developments because it causes shit like this.
I'm sorry for that. I am partially to blame for my replys to roadrage's posts, but I make no apology for my initial reply. It is honest and makes no personal attack. Still, if you make radical mods, you're going to get negative comments. I'm sure you've been around the internet long enough to know that.

Nobody said you cant have an opinion...but i see why people get fired up at you (eg roadrage) because your comments are always so blunt and may be taken the wrong way.
I don't buy this at all. roadrage got pissed because I made a negative comment about a something he is buying. If I would have said the same thing about a leather-covered console which he thought was bland/boring, he wouldn't have made the same comments. You know it, I know it, he knows it.

If you posted a mod of your standard SLK that I didnt like (even though I know you wont) I would say "Nice job, looks good"....not "Whoooaaaa.....way to out there for me" etc.
That's too bad. I'd rather receive an honest negative opinion than a dishonest positive opinion.

Anyway - I dont want to be sucked into this childs play. It's over.
Again, I'm sorry, I normally don't get sucked into such things (as anyone that has been here for a long time can attest). I've been called alot worse, but I do take offense and being labeled a "hater".

The thread has been jacked, whacked and cracked - thanks again.
Don't play favorites with me. Make sure to give your "thanks" to roadrage. Yeah, I'm being a bit facetious here, but you are obviously avoiding negative comments toward your friend.

Peace.

·
Registered
SLK200 '97 nov
478 Posts
TheJimbo - 4/13/2006 8:23 PM

Damn, that leather wrap is sweet. So how far away is Singapore again?
Don't worry guys. i am talking to the guy about how we can work out a deal for all you guys. really! but i don't know how to start. what he said was that if someone would send a set interior console to him, he will be able to start an exchange program or something.. i don't know.. anyone keen?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
eddietham - 4/15/2006 9:22 AM

TheJimbo - 4/13/2006 8:23 PM

Damn, that leather wrap is sweet. So how far away is Singapore again?
Don't worry guys. i am talking to the guy about how we can work out a deal for all you guys. really! but i don't know how to start. what he said was that if someone would send a set interior console to him, he will be able to start an exchange program or something.. i don't know.. anyone keen?
I think you could get a list of interested people (I would be one) and see if there are enough of us for him to buy the first set of parts. Then he could send out the leather wrapped parts on an exchange basis. Exactly which parts would need to be sent?

·
Registered
SLK200 '97 nov
478 Posts
update: i spoke to Francis just this afternoon since there is such good responds from you guys. Apparently, he told me he has a couple of SLK parts but not the whole set. i said most people are interested in the console mainly. He told me to max out a piece of hide he orders from Austria, it would be about 5 orders. as mentioned, i am keen to help out (i am not here to make a quick buck!); so to start i am going to start by asking those interested to PM me what you want. Because mine is the charcoal color, i think this is the best to start. According to Francis, just off the top of his head, the entire set is about SGD1800, just the console (which is made up of 2 pieces) is about SGD700-800 (assume only 1 order). just a thought... so those interested, please PM me or continue this thread. thanks.

·
Registered
2010 C300
283 Posts
To all you guys who are planning to wrap their console with leather. Hats off to you, I think it's pretty elegant when it's wrapped in leather but I guess everyone has their own personality and Nick and I both are young and sporty guys hence the CF console.

·
Registered
SLK200 '97 nov
478 Posts
yup. and that is not inclusive of shipping charges too! But i am tryin to bargain on the price. Also, that is assuming the entire set (which is anything that was previously sprayed painted). For the console, he quoted me 700/800 SGD; i am still trying to get it lower. so hang in there guys. to help me out, simply voice out your interest, so that i can better know if i should still negotiate it. thanks!

·
Registered
1999 200Ko ASPpulley 225HP AMG Sway bars/wiechers strut/carbon console /17" wheels/SLK32 calipers
114 Posts
Hi there,
it seems that i am the man who holds the third carbon console.Indeed the constractor was an individual making carbon accessories for racing motrocycles.Aparently he owned a slk , his console was also peeled and he made the molds he could make a carbon stracture for the slk.I think i paid of rthat about 1000,00 euros back in 2007.He was from germany if i am not mistaken.I had to submit this trace to solve that mystery corner of the third man holding the third carbon console.By the way, all service points were shocked back in the days when my slk was going in for repairs .Needless to say it still shines strong even under the strongest sun we have here in Greece.
take care .

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.