Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CLS 550
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever change their woodgrain interior to the carbon fiber like the e55...if so what is the approx cost and where can you get it done???

i know you can get the kits on line but what about the molding woodgrain piece that runs horizontal from end to end on the dash,dosen't look like it could be covered with a stick on.

·
Registered
2006 W220 S430 and 2010 W204 C300 Sport
227 Posts
If you don't get real CF, then it will always look fake. Also, depending on the weave pattern of cosmetic CF, even "real" sometimes looks fake. If you really don't like the wood, consider paint. Since CF is getting played out.

There are many shops that have great airbrush artists. You can get any color, there are many "metal" look paints and processes that mimic new car plastic metal type finishes. It is endless.

What is next after all the OEM's beat the plastic metal themes to death? "Piano black with chrome accents." The W210 trim is already very smooth and would take little to transform the wood pattern into furniture grade black lacquer pieces.

·
Registered
2012 ML350, 2005 AMG E55, 1998 E320, 1993 300CE CV Wide Body Twin Turbo
331 Posts
Chrisd56,

I was looking like crazy to find an affordable replacement for the old looking, scratched, wood in my 98 e320. Anywhere I went - $1000-2000 US for a complete replacement.

My prayers have been answered. I got a whole kit for under $650 US. Here is the best part...it's the original MB parts that have been resurfaced, so they will fit exactly. I became friends with the guy who did it. He is in Orange County, CA, but works mainly via mail. You take you parts off, mark wich way is up/forward, and ship it to him. He will not rest until the job is perfect. I got a small carbon fiber look. And let me tell you, all that talk about real vs. fake...... I love the way mine came out!
Bottom line is I think you may like it and want to do it as well.

The only problem is that he works with dealerships only. But if you want I can get in touch with him and ask him to do yours with discount (as he did for me).

Let me know...

·
Registered
2000 E 280
24 Posts
Nice idea Babushka, I really wish that u post some pictures here so we cant tell how good is the job, maybe I like it too and send my stuff to the states also :p. Guys what abuot brushed aluminum, any one considered that??

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ok here are the pics, but please keep in mind:
1. very sheeeeety camera, bad light, etc.
2. car is very dirty, i'm working on the body kit

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 E320 Wagon
367 Posts
Wow! I like that look. Wish I had a darker interior.

·
Registered
331 Posts
E-Wagon,

brother, it looks just as good on light grey,
plus I believe the guy can put a layer of paint of your choice to match the interior a little better.

·
Registered
2000 E 280
24 Posts
Nice!!!
Looks very neat and professional work, I have the same problem of the interior, it is light grey, so I am not sure if it would look the same thing or not???
Do u have any idea if he's got the aluminum color also ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts