Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 ML320
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Few days back my car won't start. the engine turns but after 5-6 sec will stop and it will not start.I tried few times and nothing just turnining and no start.
I guess it's something like the fuel pump/filter looks like there is no gas going to the engine.
Finally after like 20 times it started.It worked fine until last night when it took 3-4 times to get it started.
Today the same story no start .I'm getting frustrated already so I have to ask you guys what's the matter??
Anyone had similar problems , is it hard to replace fuel pump/ filters?
Also I guess it can be something electrical , like relay/fuse for fuel pump or some sensors of some sort.
THanks for any replies.

·
Registered
2014 RX 350 F Sport, 2007 Scion tC, 2000 ML 430 Money Pit Finally Gone! Oh Happy Day!
1,284 Posts
98_ml320 said:
Hello!
Few days back my car won't start. the engine turns but after 5-6 sec will stop and it will not start.I tried few times and nothing just turnining and no start.
I guess it's something like the fuel pump/filter looks like there is no gas going to the engine.
Finally after like 20 times it started.It worked fine until last night when it took 3-4 times to get it started.
Today the same story no start .I'm getting frustrated already so I have to ask you guys what's the matter??
Anyone had similar problems , is it hard to replace fuel pump/ filters?
Also I guess it can be something electrical , like relay/fuse for fuel pump or some sensors of some sort.
THanks for any replies.
Been there, done that. Sounds like CPS (crank position sensor) is failing. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML 500
1,662 Posts
When you crank, does your tachometer needle moves up a little bit..?

If it doesn't then your CPS may be the problem..

Good luck..

AC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts