Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 E400 4Matic Sedan
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove the car to the shop to check on A/C. Afterward, it refused to srart. Since I hear no Buzz from the fuel pump, I knew there is no fuel. A sparty and start confirmed the lack of fuel.

The shop tech say he could not get any power at the pump and he heard the relay kicked. But I just got no fuel to get the car going.

Questions: Is there a fuse that controls the fuel pumps? Is the one closest to the OVP the fuel pump relay? Could I just short the 7 and 8 with a wire and drive the car home?

Plaese help. [V]

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Sorry to hear your latest mishaps

Fuel pump relay part#, printed on the top (or maybe it was the side) of the unit is 003 545 25 05

It is the black box next to the OVP.

Pin #7 and #8 are labeled 87 and 30, respectively, on the relay unit. Whether you can short the terminals and drive the car I don't know.

Good luck.

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
Pull the relay out and split it open carefully. In alot of bad fuel pump relays, you can easily fix them simply by resoldering dry or cracked joints.

·
Registered
2016 E400 4Matic Sedan
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reporting back with a good news

Shorted out #7 and #8 and I could hear the fuel coming in. So I pop the plastic cover open and saw a cracked joint right in the middle of the board. Had someone solded the joint and plug the unit back in. Voom, I drive the car back.

Looking at that cracked joint, however, made me feel so lucky. That thing could have broken at any time yet it did inside a garage. Can't image what could happen if FPR gave up while I were on highway.

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
Glad to see your back on the road without having to part with your hard earned cash.[:)]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts