Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I was just wondering how you go about washing your precious vehicles...what methods do you use? Which products? Any tips or advise as to how to get a brilliant long-lasting shine? Just bought a new C230 K and want to keep it showroom clean for a LONG TIME

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just bought a C230 Kompressor 1 month ago. Which color did you buy? I got the capri blue.<br> <br> Try Zymol car wash and Zymol Cleaner Wax which polishes and waxes at the same time.<br> <br> If you are absolutely a MB fan, then buy their own branded car care products.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Washing your beast . . .

. . . isn't complicated. Wash every week, wax every 3 months. At the car wash (no touch only -- I go to the do-it-yourself dollar wash), rinse only unless the car is very dirty; using soap will strip off your wax. Wipe the car down with a sheepskin mitt, then spray it with spot-free rinse. Dry with all-cotton terry towels. You can use Simple Green on the tires, then rinse them off.<br>
<br>
Products: I usually use Meguiar's, which are available both online and (some of them) at Wal-Mart. Carry a bottle of the Quick Detailer and a soft cotton cloth in the trunk for cleaning up bird and tree crap right away, before the acids etch the paint. Regular waxing will also protect the finish. <br>
<br>
I've never heard anybody in the MB Club say anything good about Armorall. Use Meguiar's Clean Shine 'n' Protect for plastic in the interior, outer plastic trim, for rubber seals -- even for glossing up the tires.<br>
<br>
Leather interior: I've been using Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, which is also good for your boots at home. If you want to keep the car showroomy, don't eat, drink, or smoke in it. (I go with the European viewpoint: Who needs a cupholder in a car? You stop at a cafe, have your espresso, then get out on the autobahn and *drive*.)<br>
<br>
Glass and chrome: Look for a product in a flat pink can called Glass Wax, which you can find at most hardware stores. It's mildly abrasive, so it cleans the glass/chrome as well as polishing. (Your wife can also use it for windows and mirrors at home, and one can will last for years.)<br>
<br>
Enjoy the car. Caring for it is part of the fun -- and worth it, especially when somebody walks by yours and goes, 'Nice car!'<br>
<br>
-- The BenzAdmiral ('86 420SEL, anthracite/lt. grey; 'The Tirpitz')

1 - 4 of 4 Posts