Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C230
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from the dealer for a car wash. They don't clean up the car enough. (Yeah that's why it is free!)

Then I found a tiny crack on my front glass. I never noticed it before but immediately noticed right after I drove my car from the dealership. I was thinking... "Hmmmm, maybe it is a bug. Hope it is a bug! No, it is not..." *sigh* Thought about going back to the dealership. My dealership is very close to the freeway, so I was already on the freeway when I wondered it was a bug or crack, and I needed to go back to work. Of course they are going to say that they didn't do it. Also, I might did hit the rock..., so cannot complain to anyone.

But! I am sooo frastrated!
Is the window glass that weak? [V]

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Dealership close to the freeway? Was that House of Imports?

I think it's easy to fix that small crack, you might want to tell them about it and have them fix it since you brought it to their facility. If not you can get a cheap alternative. Go to Wal Mart and get windshield crack/repair kits for less than $10 I think. Just be careful when you do it.

I never went to the dealer to have my car done, and neither will I have them clean it, even if it's free. Learned my lesson. Do it yourself! Last time I had my car detailed at a local car wash, the guy did NOT give me back my key until I PAID HIM A TIP! [:(!]

For you guys driving to Beach Blvd and Lincoln Ave., the car wash there with red and white colors is that shop I mentioned. I'm never going back there.

·
Registered
2005 C230
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
karugs - 2/24/2005 3:00 PM

Dealership close to the freeway? Was that House of Imports?

I never went to the dealer to have my car done, and neither will I have them clean it, even if it's free. Learned my lesson. Do it yourself! Last time I had my car detailed at a local car wash, the guy did NOT give me back my key until I PAID HIM A TIP! [:(!]
Yeah I guess clean my car by myself is the great idea. I don't trust a local car wash either. They stole my coins from the car several times. (hmmm I don't learn my lessons, do I?!)

Oh no! That's terrile that they didn't give you a key unless you paid the tip....

No No No it isn't House of Import. I was gonna buy my car there, but the guy whom I negotiated with was slow to give me information what I was asking. So I went to another. [:X]

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
In Florida, windshields are covered "no deductible" on your auto policy!
I just looked at your location, Japan might be different!
I have heard MB glass is soft, and scratches easier than most!

·
Registered
1990 300SE
1,466 Posts
My car is fifteen years old and doesn't have even a small scratch on any window. MB Glass is pretty good (I work on tons of different cars a day, and most of them, no matter how old, have cracks in one of the windows). But window cracks are almost always non-deductable with your insurance policy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts