Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1983 230 E (sold) , 1991 600 SEL (sold) , 1993 300 SE (sold)
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember the time when I used to get in my car, shut the door and I was in my own silent movie, I can see everything going on outside but no sound, loved it :)

Now, I have a couple of problems, whenever another vehicle passes me i can hear it...
All my windows are closed, doors locked, but I can still hear the cars passing by me.

The problems get worse when going 100 km+ the wind noise is unberable... I have a fealing its comming from the driver door and the sunroof.

A hint whenever I close my door the sunroof pops up a bit, and lovers in place. Is this normal?

I cant find the source of the noise, can anybody please help?

Thank you very much in advance :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, tinkered arround the car a little bit, and its the sunroof, the front of the sunroof I can push down from outside withy my fingers and push up from inside with my fingers, doeas anybody know how to adjust the sunroof?

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,639 Posts
I had that exact failure 2 days ago ,you need to install a new Sunroof Track ,one of yours has cracked .
Open your Sunroof by tilting it up remove the front black plastic that hides the Scews and take of the 4 Scews there,that black Plastic is press't in remove it carefully also 4 on the sides ,only remove the Gold coloured Screws that hold the actuall Sunroof ,if yours are not gold it's the once with the big washer's on it ,then you can remove the sunroof and look at what has happen'd.
What does yours have on the Sides when you tilt it up ,is there a Ruber or cloth ,the part that hides the Mechanism and scews etc ( dont know what to call that ) like a Windseal or so .
Ciao :thumbsup:

SEARCH for Sunroof ,and there is a thread how to remove the Black Plastic with Pictures too .

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solutttiioooooonnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merc s500 thank you so much for your prompt response :)

I have found a way to do it, the solution came from tommy b2b:

Quote: " It might be a micro switch problem like mine is. There is a small white wheel next to the manuel override that you pull out when your sunroof is in the closed position. There are two clicks you can hear when your turn the knob both ways, it should be in the middle between the clicks. push it in and you should see results. Oh I forgot to mention you have to take the drivers side trunk panel to access this."

I just fiddled with the white wheel in the trunk, you pull it out and rotate left or right, this will adjust the sunroof. WORD OF WARNING: When you turn the wheel turn it a little bit not full circle, i turned it full circle and I reprogramed the sunroof to stay half way open when I lock the car :(

Just turn it slightly, and then lock the car and you will see the result of turning (memory position of sunroof) Through a process of trial and error, everybody can find a way :)

Also im attaching a pdf format document which also uses the same technique, but with a centering bolt, credit to the user who posted it before me :)

Once again thank you for your prompt reply merc s500 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 GL350 Bluetec
59 Posts
I am having the same problem. I was *sitting* in rush hour traffic and realized that I could hear the opposing cars drive pass me. I opened and slammed the door shut but I could still hear them. Very annoying because the car is solid as a vault. Could it be that the door seals need to be replaced? Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
1994 Benz S320 SWB / 1986 Porsche 911 Targa / 1998 Benz CL 500
1,290 Posts
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the door seals and the triangle cover for the side mirrors, even though it looked to be in place it was whistling air inside, check those too, just a suggestion.

·
Banned
2008 C200K (W204) & 1998 SL500 (R129) Imperial Red
3,373 Posts
nice thread comrades!!!

I had a simlilar situation.. besides the work my sunroof needs, it wasnt that for me.

On the drivers (RHD) the rubber that guides the glass for the window broke at the top corner, so the verticle rubber piece slid down into the door. The rest of the rubber was still in place. This left a gap between the door frame and the window. When I drove in highways, it would sound so awful..

Luckily I managed to get a fresh window rubber from my local Mercedes Breaker, and done! I did make a tutorial of how I replaced it, should be in the forum here somewhere if anybody is interested..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts