Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.
I've recently just been told from my mercedes dealer that my car warranty is not void if the engine screws up because of these 2 mods i have gotten in it from kleemann.
Even though the mods were installed by the mercedes workshop.
Sooo.... what would be the best thing to do?
If my car screws up then what...?
Will it screw up..? lol
Thanks..

·
Registered
2004 E500 Wagon, 2004 E55 AMG
1,327 Posts
If the warranty will not be voided, don't worry about it! Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the warranty will not be voided, don't worry about it! Enjoy the car!
What do you mean? what if somthing happens to the engine... it'll lost alot to fix lol.
Yeah i would've enjoyed the car but now im a little paranoid haha.
And yes i mean it wont be vaild haha.
So am i screwed?
should i put stock parts back on before somthing does happen?
:S

·
Registered
2009 E63
557 Posts
Mods are always a gamble. When push comes to shove it'll be you against Mercedes. If the mod has no bearing on the issue (e.g., headers can't make the headlights stop working), then Mercedes will honor the warranty. But if it's anywhere near related (e.g., you burn some valves when you have non-factory headers) then good luck trying to fight it.

In the end it's your risk. My rule of thumb is never mod until out of warranty. I just prefer not to take the risk. On the other hand my Porsche, which is long out of warranty, is heavily modified.

NO aftermarket parts (Renntech, Kleemann, Brabus, etc.) are officially approved by Mercedes or AMG. Even if a dealer tells you otherwise. And here in the US, some dealers sell Kleemann and Renntech mods. Mercedes/AMG (at least in the US) has officially stated that they will not cover the parts affected by any mods.

However, Renntech and Kleemann will warranty their products. But if the engine blows up, you will still have to negotiate damages and determine that the modified part did indeed make the motor blow.

p.s., if you replaced the camshaft with a non-factory one, and the motors does go, then you are out of luck.......

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ok.
Well......
i'll tell them to replace the camshafts back to stock ones because i kept them.
But Headers ill keep them on.
Sound alright orr...?

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,145 Posts
It may work or it may not. They know that aftermarket cams have lived in the engine.
Ask them if it will restore the warranty and if they say yes get it in writing.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long does the waranty last?
And im just gona keep the kleemann camshafts in.
They cant cause much harm, and its not like i drive the car to often or flog the crap outa it or race it.
So it should be fine.
+ i change the oil every 8000 km's.
take really good care of it. so it should be fine :).

·
Super Moderator
22,145 Posts
Sounds like a plan.
One note, the oil really should stay in longer. Changing it too often keeps the detergent
level too high which actually wears the lubricated parts at a faster rate.
You will be safe at 15,000 KMs if using the Mobil One. The large capacity of around 8 liters
allows for extended change intervals.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh ok,
thanks i'll keep that in mind.
I'll post some pictures up of the car when i get it back.
It's come a long way since the first time i steped on these forums lol.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4Matic
302 Posts
Sounds like a plan.
One note, the oil really should stay in longer. Changing it too often keeps the detergent level too high which actually wears the lubricated parts at a faster rate.You will be safe at 15,000 KMs if using the Mobil One. The large capacity of around 8 liters allows for extended change intervals.
Hi Noodles, does this apply to Mobil1 Fully Synthetic or only to the xtended use one. I've been using Mobil1 fully synthetic and changed oil & filter every 5,000Km for years. BTW none of them were MBs, Hope I haven't done it wrong all this time:confused:

·
Super Moderator
22,145 Posts
The 0-40 European car formula Mobil One.

I am not sure about other autos. One reason the life can be so long on the MBs is that
the capacity is huge compared to almost all other cars. 8-9 quarts versus 4.5-6.
Also the fleece filter elements are supposed to a better job than paper element spin
on filters.
On my other cars I use synthetics and change them at 5000 miles. The MBs go 10,000
to 13,000 miles.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4Matic
302 Posts
The 0-40 European car formula Mobil One.

I am not sure about other autos. One reason the life can be so long on the MBs is that the capacity is huge compared to almost all other cars. 8-9 quarts versus 4.5-6.Also the fleece filter elements are supposed to a better job than paper element spinon filters.On my other cars I use synthetics and change them at 5000 miles. The MBs go 10,000to 13,000 miles.
Thanks for the reply Noodles, I just realized that you are referring to Mobil 1 0-40 European car whereas I was referring to Mobil 1 5-20 for Northamerica.
I also understand that the 0-40 European is superior to to 5-20 adding to that the special oil filter I can see how it can be extended to 10 or 13K.
Great Info!

·
Registered
2009 E63
557 Posts
Just my opinion, but I'd do some UOAs to determine the proper OCI for your motor, your environment, and your driving habits.

Otherwise you're just using an arbitrary OCI that may or may not be beneficial to your motor.

Once you get things figured out via the UOAs, then you can properly pick the best OCI that works for you.

It's really the only way to do it......

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just my opinion, but I'd do some UOAs to determine the proper OCI for your motor, your environment, and your driving habits.

Otherwise you're just using an arbitrary OCI that may or may not be beneficial to your motor.

Once you get things figured out via the UOAs, then you can properly pick the best OCI that works for you.

It's really the only way to do it......
Yeah that is true.
My mate drives his car pretty hard so he changes his oil at around 9k's+ checks his oil levels every 2k's.
He owns a Holden Sv6

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.3
178 Posts
Yeah that is true.
My mate drives his car pretty hard so he changes his oil at around 9k's+ checks his oil levels every 2k's.
He owns a Holden Sv6
A Commodore ???? Number one chice of Bogan's all over Sydney.

Ever considered owning one Faiz ?? You could put totally sik chromies on it and a cannon exhaust.

Would really suit someone like u.

please please please sell the Benz. or at least give it back to whoever you stole it from..

·
Super Moderator
22,145 Posts
Dougie why are you clearly trying to start something with Faizano here in the forums?

Please contribute something of merit to the W211 section or just don't post here.

I am asking nicely as I have no beef with you. Just cool down and let the members
interact the way the forum is intended to.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.3
178 Posts
Dougie why are you clearly trying to start something with Faizano here in the forums?

Please contribute something of merit to the W211 section or just don't post here.

I am asking nicely as I have no beef with you. Just cool down and let the members
interact the way the forum is intended to.
He is just a total tool that should be driving a Commodore with Chromies.

A danger on the roads whom could possibly kill somone one day. We have many people like him from 3rd world countries living in Australia now - and he should give some respect to the locals.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts