Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
560SEC, 1988; 500SE, 1984; 500SL, 1983
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience of long-term car storage (thinking 1-2 years) - costs? what to look for / avoid?

I'm in NYC and looking to store one of my cars for a couple years, but would probably travel out to get cheaper costs...

Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2000 CLk430
102 Posts
Mines going away for awhile
Stabilizer for the gas
Battery tender for the battery it tends not charges so can be left hooked up
Fresh oil before it goes away

Gas still goes bad after so long with stabilizer so it might be in your best interest to clear all has out of tank lines if you thinking long time.
Longest I have left my gas on motorbikes or cars with stabilizer in is maybe 7 months and first thing I do when I get back is drive the hell out of them so I can get new gas in it ASAP

Heated garage helps tons

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,707 Posts
Pressurized gas tanks keep the fuel good for long time, but at risk that when something goes wrong, you will have lot of gunk in the tank. What I was doing on my boat was installing valve on fuel lines and run the engine dry while keeping the gas low in the tank. In new season I added fresh gas. That was carburated engine, but principal the same for FI.
Put blocks under the suspension in case the tire will loose the pressure. That will prevent the tires from kinking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts