Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1987 300 sdl
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 S350. When I accelerate on the highway the car makes a noise from underneath that sounds like a whooshing noise. I checked the muffler system for a hole and did not find one. My question is ...could the acceleration whooshing noise be the transmission? I know it slips a bit when shifting. Could it just be having a really tough time getting the car up to highway speed? And if anyone knows...does this transmission have the K1 piston? Thanks for any help.

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
8,064 Posts
More like no oil or oil flow. Check your oil level, or contamination with coolant.

It can be a number of things:

Oil pump is burned-up and flow is low in the transmission

Torque converter failure

Gearing problem

Very worn clutch pack

Look up master.pdf on this W140 and go through check list

Martin

·
Registered
1987 300 sdl
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your help and suggestions. This past weekend I did change the filter and fluid in the transmission. Still has that wonderful airplane taking off sound, but the transmission is happier. I'm taking it to my mechanic to find out what the noise is. I will post a reply when he finds out. Thanks again for all your suggestions, I just wish i were better at fixing the mercedes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts