Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SL500
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have this? My car has a shake while in park but if I put it in drive and keep the brake down i have none? (the needle in the tack will jump a little while in park) 99' with 48k

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
Has there been any service done to the car? Like a Plug change, Crankshaft position sensor or Plug wires. If not, put a set of plugs in it!!!!

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
Motor Mounts will NOT make the Tach. move around!!!!!! These cars are VERY lean at idle, a spark plug will mis-fire and cause a SLIGHT SHAKE in park. When put into Drive, there is enough load on the motor to slow the idle enough to smooth it out!!!!!

·
Registered
99 SL500
126 Posts
I've dealt with this to varying degrees the entire time I've had this car (almost 2 years) and after going through the usual suspects (mounts, plugs/wires, maf, etc.) I believe its the injectors (gas varnishing/gumming them up due to not being driven enough), since the only thing thats made a noticeable difference are fuel additives - specifically Lubro-moly Jectron (Chevron & Redline made no difference)

I've gotten it down to the point where its barely noticeable, so I've learned to live with it; but for a while I was considering ultrasonic cleaning - watch this for an example

1 - 7 of 7 Posts