Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I have a 92 600SEL and it had a car phone installed when it was new. Then the people at the dealer took the phone since it no longer worked. The car still has all the wiring for a phone and the microphone under the rear view mirror and next to the roof lights.

Is there any way that I can attach a cell phone to the car phone so that I can use the speaker phone in the car? any info will help. -Thanks. -Kristian[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
car phone

The 92s had a phone made by OKI, it had a control panel over the AC vents and a handset in the glove compartment. The cars were wired for tha OKI, finally removed mine since it was available only in the "analog mode" and most if not cellular providers want to get out of the analog service to speed up their systems. The system used the speakers on the sides of the dash for audio, and muted the radio. the microphone was located in the front panel of the dash unit. The transciever is located in the upper rear fender well on the drivers side. I have heard that the FCC decreed that 911 calls from this type of phone must be answered, but if you want to use it the per minute calls are horrible. the connectora are unique to OKI. the cable runs from the back to the dash, and then to the console, with another lead running to the front speakers. some of the other cars used a Motorola set with the mic and controls over the mirror. Are you confused, and did they remove the metal bracket in your "glove box" that is a little tough to re-install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts