Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Amg C36 1995 four speed
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There- Just wondering if anyone could advise me on what I should do before starting my car (amg c36) which has been parked up for two years under cover. The cars in a carpark in France and a mechanic will charge like the light brigade, so I'd rather try myself.
I'm assuming the battery is dead and I know at least one of the tyres are flat.
My friend reckons just stick it on a charger and see what happens. Anyone know of any other checks I should do?

Thanks

Rory

·
Registered
1992 500 SEL; 2000 CLK 430 CONV. 2000 BMW 740 BMW
94 Posts
drive it

Hi There- Just wondering if anyone could advise me on what I should do before starting my car (amg c36) which has been parked up for two years under cover. The cars in a carpark in France and a mechanic will charge like the light brigade, so I'd rather try myself.
I'm assuming the battery is dead and I know at least one of the tyres are flat.
My friend reckons just stick it on a charger and see what happens. Anyone know of any other checks I should do?

Thanks

Rory
check fluid levels ; smell the gasoline ; charge the battery;

and take it for drive to use the old gas

·
Registered
ex. Mercedes-Benz C36 AMG, w123 230CE, Schulz 190 2.3-16v Cabrio, S600 V12 W220, 600SL V12 R129
2 Posts
before you start check all fluids, charging battery might not help, but you can use another battery (or car) to cable jump start.
after you start the car let it work steady by itself for a while, dont put it on revs. When you will try to drive, check if the parking break is not on (even if you put it off, break still might be on because it stucked) try to move car easly (remeber about flat tyre!).
if you will drive use and observe brakes carefully, they need to start working properly taking rust from discs ect. after short test drive, check if the wheels are not very hot, just touch each wheel. if they are hot it might be because of breaks. let them chill and do it again, if they will not be hot everything is ok.
of course it's only for short test drive or taking the car to home (not very far). if you want to use the car regularly change engine oil with filter, (very specific oil to C36) change air filter DO NOT DRIVE HARD AND FAST BEFORE YOU DO IT, IT'S VERY UNHEALTHLY FOR ENGINE with after 2 years of standing still with old oil!!!!. thats for start. also remember that C36 runs on PB98 essance, not regular PB95.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts