Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
Joined
·
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go out to my car just now that I was using last night and, it won't start, I turn the key and I get nothing, all door locks, closing assist and instrument cluster is working, what do I do, I have a small battery that I have been meaning to replace as it was on teh way out and it was very cold last night could it be as simple as that?

Any help/ideas? :confused:
 

·
Registered
1995 S500L
Joined
·
70 Posts
NZ Benz said:
So I go out to my car just now that I was using last night and, it won't start, I turn the key and I get nothing, all door locks, closing assist and instrument cluster is working, what do I do, I have a small battery that I have been meaning to replace as it was on teh way out and it was very cold last night could it be as simple as that?

Any help/ideas? :confused:
NZ,

Something similar harrened to me about a month ago, I was at my local detailer and all was fine , When he was finished he tried to start the car and nothing. We had full power, lights horn, stero all fine. We tried to jump the car thinking we didn't have enough cranking power and that didn;t work. Had it tower to my Mech. and it was the started. Funny thing it started just fine that day before it started, we even had the one taken out tested and it didn't function.

KCB :cool:
 

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
Joined
·
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kcb said:
NZ,

Something similar harrened to me about a month ago, I was at my local detailer and all was fine , When he was finished he tried to start the car and nothing. We had full power, lights horn, stero all fine. We tried to jump the car thinking we didn't have enough cranking power and that didn;t work. Had it tower to my Mech. and it was the started. Funny thing it started just fine that day before it started, we even had the one taken out tested and it didn't function.

KCB :cool:
Guess what it was: The gear shifter was in park but the AA guy moved it slightly and it started, car thought that it was in reverse:D , must have been what happened to yours, teh ride to teh mechanic must have muved the shifter back into place LOL I am so happy:D
 

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
Joined
·
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kcb said:
Cool! I am glad, thoses kind of situations can be EXPENSIVE!!1

Regards
KCB
I hear that, I thought about going back inside and getting out the gold clubs to beat teh car to within an inch of it's life, but now I love it again. :D
 

·
Premium Member
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
Joined
·
10,293 Posts
For future reference and search porpuses, if its not the shifter safety switch, this could be starter or starter relay.
 

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
Joined
·
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bayhas said:
For future reference and search porpuses, if its not the shifter safety switch, this could be starter or starter relay.
Thats what my first guess if it was not the battery would have been as the car was not even trying to turn over, it would have either been that the battery was very very flat or the starter/relay was buggered, wounder what they are worth $$$$$$ not to mention I would have to put it on a flatbed and take it to the mechanics.
 

·
Registered
A red Vimana
Joined
·
19,563 Posts
LOL NZ M8y thats a good one . looks like you have set the alarm off :D . My Auntie used to hang her handbag on the pull out choke of her morrie 1000 , she lived in Upper Hutt , might be something in the water ...close to you ?????
 

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
Joined
·
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Von Vorschlag said:
LOL NZ M8y thats a good one . looks like you have set the alarm off :D . My Auntie used to hang her handbag on the pull out choke of her morrie 1000 , she lived in Upper Hutt , might be something in the water ...close to you ?????
Dude its all good for men to have handbags, even the former captian of the all blacks has one LOL.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top