Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 SLK 230, and am seriously thinking of buying an aftermarket body kit as i have already lowered the car and put 18" rims on.

Euroline Automotive

My question is, with Side Skirts fitted, how does one access the plug for the Car Jack, or is there a different Jack that uses the hard point directly below?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I would just use a sizzor jack under the frame jacking points. I put a body kit on my E320 and that is what I do to jack it up.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have a 1998 SLK 230, and am seriously thinking of buying an aftermarket body kit as i have already lowered the car and put 18" rims on.

Euroline Automotive

My question is, with Side Skirts fitted, how does one access the plug for the Car Jack, or is there a different Jack that uses the hard point directly below?
Where did you find the sideskirt? Can only see front and rear to the SLK

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
The new side skirts look like you may be able to get to the stock ports in the sides. Is the area that is relieved part of the skirt, or is that the original bodywork painted over?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Side Skirts

The kit comes with Side Skirts, even though it is not individually mentioned on the site.

Apparently I can get the whole things painted and fitted for AUD$2700 (approx USD$2400 thanks to our nice economy at the moment), these are non geniune obviously.

They dont include those (excessively) funky fenders. I can't wait to "finish" my look with this kit. Next time I ring I will just ask about the side skirts, and worst case i will just buy a scissor jack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts