Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was shaking so i had both of my engine mounts replaced. The car still shakes a little bit. What might it be?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Benz93,

I have the exact same issue with mine a couple of years ago. After changing both engine and transmission mounts by the dealer, the shaking was still there. However, after changing the transmission fluid using the Yumling method (drain via the ATF radiator inlet line and refill) the car now is very quiet, no more shaking. Give it a try. Search this site and follow the instruction. You will be done in no more than 30 minutes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
If the shaking is only at idle in gear, change the transmission mount (OE part, avoid URO brand) and post your mileage. If over 100K change the plugs and test/inspect all of the ignition wires, replacing as needed.

And, as always, you can start by checking for codes. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
pdttm: How much fluid did you drain through the ATF radiator inlet line?
I did it four times. Each time it ran about 3 liters. The first three times it was dark like chocolate and smelly. I stopped after the fourth time since the fluid coming out was as red and clear as the new fluid I put in. I used about five gallons of Valvoline MaxLife @ $16/gal.

Make sure you check the level after a long ride with the ATF dipstick. You will like the quietness of the engine after the change. Check with the stickies for the procedures.

Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
pdttm,
Do you have the photo DIY on your method of "Yumling method (drain via the ATF radiator inlet line and refill)". I'd like to give it a try after my 98 E320 motor mounts and tranny mounts, Spark Plugs, MAF all reaplced. Vibration/Rattle still persist.

·
Registered
58 Posts
pdttm,
Do you have the photo DIY on your method of "Yumling method (drain via the ATF radiator inlet line and refill)". I'd like to give it a try after my 98 E320 motor mounts and tranny mounts, Spark Plugs, MAF all reaplced. Vibration/Rattle still persist.
KUO,

Look in the stickies, you will see it there. I think it got embedded in prof Lou thesis about ATF.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the car is shaking while it is in P and also when stopping while driving. The shaking also persists when i put the car in neutral, although it seems to reduce the shaking by a tad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts