Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Mercedes E320 4matic 2002
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2002 e320 with a 4matic transmission. I have never had a problem with it, It was fine until I stopped on red light and the transmission would not engage. I turned it off and restarted a few minutes later. It ran until I had to stop again. I bought a transmission fluid dipstick and found out I was two quarts low. I added fluid but it still won't go into gear once engine heats up. Anyone have any ideas. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2012 GL550 & 2011 E350 4M
594 Posts
+1 for Kajtek1
Questions;
Car is not running or not driving?
Check Engine Light is on? If yes what codes do you have?
How did you figure out you were two qts low? What ATF did you put in there?
History of the car? Mileage, maintenance, what has been done, where and when?
And the car goes into gear when cold and not doing so when warmed up, is that right?
Little more and clear info please, that way folks can have a better idea of what might cause this issue, thanks.

· Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
More info will definitely help to narrow the problem. If by not going into gear you mean it is in gear and nothing happening and car is not moving, continue reading.

The symptoms seems extremely familiar and points you to the throttle position sensor. As result of an intermittent sensor and as a safety feature, transmission gets disabled and your car will not move at all. Your car will be in gear and nothing will happen...

This problem may or may not create any code or trigger check engine light as mine was not doing till completely failed. Anyone with star system can check the sensor.

See this for more info: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1649464-check-engine-code-p0120-throttle-pedal.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.