Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 500SL 37k,90 300SE sold, 91 300E sold , 92 300E137k ,02 Kia Sedona ,I know..... its a Mini van.
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my w126 with the M103,had Idling issues and would die coming to a stop,after replacing many parts,problem was still happening.now seems car has fixed itself? just wondering if the computer re adjusts fuel mixture or something like that? runs great today no stalling and also had a/c on.
Weird!

·
Registered
1993 300 CE Cabriolet
278 Posts
Italian tune up?

In my experience with motorcycles there is a phenomenon where the bike will sometimes seem to repair itself when ridden kinda hard. Most of it is getting gasoline through the carb jets with enough wide open throttle that some of the sediment gets blown through and burnt up, which makes it respond better when returning to normal throttle conditions. Dellorto pumper carbs are funny like that, so that's where the term above comes from.

I say take it when you can get it. If anything could be self healing it would have to be a 124.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,371 Posts
LMFAO

Maybe your W126 has the ultra rare "self healing technology" option pack???

Seriously, that car has CIS-E injection so it's pretty much all mechanical.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,371 Posts
The name "White Lightning" is a oxymoron, as the M103 W126 is pretty much the slowest gasoline powered S class ever made.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,706 Posts
LMFAO

Maybe your W126 has the ultra rare "self healing technology" option pack???

Seriously, that car has CIS-E injection so it's pretty much all mechanical.

I had this type of injection on VW in Poland. With dirty fuel the distributor was getting stuck with dirt all the time. Working in precision metal fabrication at the time, I made a L shaped tool with tip per my recollection thinner than 0.4 mm (human hair) and could scrape the dirt from the slots while on the road. After few times I could do it in less than 10 minutes.
Why small particles couldn't clean themselves from the slots at high fuel flow?

·
Registered
1993 300E, 2003 996 Turbo X50
624 Posts
Hell, my drivers seat belt presenter didnt work for the first year I owned my cabrio. Always sounded like a gear was stripped, it made horrible noises.

Then one day I got in my car, closed the door and started it. Felt something poke me in the shoulder, turn around and my damn presenter is extended. The thing has worked perfectly ever since and I will be damned if I can figure out how. Either way, I will take it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts