Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

I have an 02 E430 that has only 27,000 miles on the clock and it is stunning.

I live up here in Boston and have no garage.

Any recommendations on car covers as it will have to sit in my driveway in the winer and the rain. I take very good care of my cars and want to do the same with this one.

If anyone has any other thoughts on car care for the misery of Boston winters, I would love to hear it! The car had been garaged by the original owners (New Hampshire) and looks new, inside and out.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Howard

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
I don't believe in car covers as they damage the car more than they protect because you will drive your car, get dirt on it, put the cover on over the dirt, the inside of the cover gets dirty over time and grinds the dirt in as you slide the cover on and off. You are better off keeping it protected with a good wax.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
If you absolutely must have a cover, I believe the best ones out there are made by Covercraft.

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
653 Posts
Go to Covercraft.com and check out the Noah covers. I've used these for many years on show cars and they work exactly as advertised (as long as the (clean) cover's used on a clean car). Highly recommended!
For general care, wash the car often with a mild car soap and clean sponge, then keep it waxed with a good non-abrasive carnauba wax (I use Meguiar's). For mild oxidation/blemishes, Meguiars makes a number of hand- or machine-applied cleaners and glazes that'll keep the finish looking brilliant:

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 ///AMG, 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350
685 Posts
I only use the car cover when the car is washed and perfectly clean, as others said above on a dirty car it scratches the paint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get the one that made of double layer Dupont Tyvek, I am very happy with it.
There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a car with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.

EmpireCovers-Review

1 - 8 of 8 Posts