Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please make a recommendation for a car cover for the C300 sport?

I travel quite a bit and would like to cover my car when I'm away.

I know MB also sells a car cover, anyone have experience with it, or any other car cover?

regards,

nukefixer

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got the dealer to throw in the car cover when i bought the car... It fits like a glove and looks awesome :)

Can anyone please make a recommendation for a car cover for the C300 sport?

I travel quite a bit and would like to cover my car when I'm away.

I know MB also sells a car cover, anyone have experience with it, or any other car cover?

regards,

nukefixer

·
Registered
196 Posts
We use the MB cover, which is made of Noah fabric, and can be had from plenty of other sources - do a Google on "Mercedes Car Cover" and you'll see - Covercraft is a biggee, but there are lots of others.

You'll need a multilayer fabric, so figure on spending at least $200. None of them are truly water-proof - if you expect rain, the best thing is to leave it off and get the free car wash. Ours is covered [even in the condo garage] all the time, at home or on the road, unless it's raining on the car.

And remember - the car has to be kept clean - using the cover on a dirty car is a recipe of paint damage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a car with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.

EmpireCovers-Review

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a car with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.

EmpireCovers-Review
:thumbsup: +1 on empirecovers, is much better than expected for the price, fitment was great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts