Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
First of all think about what your primary needs are for the cover. Is the car going to sit out in the sun, is it going to be subject to a lot of rain, are you worried about protection from items falling on the car or people opening a door into it, etc.

There are some good comparisons on the web. They compare the strengths and weaknesses of the materials and their packability.

Key thing is to make sure whatever car cover you get has extensions for the mirrors and antenna. A friend purchased one and it had neither of these. It just never fit properly.

·
Registered
95 NSX / 98 SLK
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's sad but the SLK will be spending most nights in the driveway from now on. I'm wanting a cover to keep the overnight dew off the car. Ease of covering and uncovering will be a plus.

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG
121 Posts
I really like my MB cover. easy to put on/take off and excellent protection from rain. Plus it fits; not a trivial item.

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
bodypainter - 3/31/2005 8:31 AM

It's sad but the SLK will be spending most nights in the driveway from now on. I'm wanting a cover to keep the overnight dew off the car. Ease of covering and uncovering will be a plus.
Sometimes i am toying with idea to get Retractable Patio Awning for my driveway http://shadebuilder.com/Retractable-Patio-Awnings.html

·
Premium Member
SLK 230
1,498 Posts
Don't like covers they grind the road dirt into the paint when they move around like when it is windy.

You have to wash the car before putting it on or at least use a California duster first.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
how much did you pay for it?

I am concerned about the sun in phnx breaking my car when I am at work. They want $20 a month for covered parking. Buncha BS if you ask me I run there entire computer/phone system and I gotta park out back by the fuckin dumpster.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
Off Topic

is there a windshield cover/shade made specially for SLKs that i can get from the dealer?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
RE: Off Topic

slkpwr - 4/1/2005 12:00 PM

is there a windshield cover/shade made specially for SLKs that i can get from the dealer?
Good question...I have "magic shades" (cloth on a flexible frame that folds up into a dinner plate sized package) for all my other vehicles but haven't gotten anything for the SLK yet. What (if anything) is everyone else using for a windshield cover/shade?

·
Registered
SLK230
59 Posts
MB Windshield Cover

Folds nicely and has it's own carry cover. I recommend it since it is thick, insulative and really keeps the light/heat out. Stores in the back seat during the summer. Performed well in Death Valley.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
Slicktop, is the one you got made specially for SLKs? i thought i saw an SLK a while back with a windshield cover that fits like a glove.. the whole windshield is covered from corner to corner.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Try http://www.covercraft.com

Ive got one and it is very high quality, and a 5 year warranty. Its also perfectly custom tailored to fit the SLK. Getting on and off is a breeze if you take their advice on how to put on and remove.

·
Registered
99 230 SLK Sport
42 Posts
Dont feel bad Deatherage...most IT guys are hidden away in some basement or closet with the least level of priority until the systems go "down" and then suddenly we're everybody's best friend until it's back up again!

[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230- RED
461 Posts
Uh, Deathy, you run the computer that handles the books [?] Is your benefits package determined by the computer [?] Just what are your special benefits [?]
Isn't your account on the covered parking always paid... I thought that they promised you covered parking to sign on with them[:eek:)]

Regards

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
yea I got jewed outta my spot for some therapy lady a while back. im still bitter about my epic walk into the office every morning. thats ok I get even I promise I do

1 - 19 of 19 Posts