Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1977 280SE, 1984 280SEL
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just now, SOMETHING made my 350SD think that I am a thief. I get it to shut up but only temporarily. I have tried shutting down, going outside, locking the doors and unlocking them again. It shuts up but then starts again. I have tried locking the doors from the drivers door lock and then pulling up again. NADA. I have had this about 3 months and this is the first instance of this. I looked at the fuses and cannot locate one that seems the one to pull. This is my 3rd S-Class but 1st diesel, my 2nd 1991. I have had 1975 280SEL, a 1985 280SEL, and nothing like this has ever happened. I can't use it till this is solved. This happens for as long as a key is in it, going off for a couple of minutes then going quiet. I hope I have described the situation completely. Please help.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1989 560SEC, 1989 560SEL, 1995 E420
4,086 Posts
I think you'll find most people just disconnect the alarm module which I believe is under the passenger floorboard. Otherwise, you're up against some diagnostics. Maybe one door lock switch isn't properly closing? Some bad capacitors in the alarm module? Try disconnecting and reconnecting any connection having to do with the alarm. Make sure all your fuses are copper.

·
Registered
1977 280SE, 1984 280SEL
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you'll find most people just disconnect the alarm module which I believe is under the passenger floorboard. Otherwise, you're up against some diagnostics. Maybe one door lock switch isn't properly closing? Some bad capacitors in the alarm module? Try disconnecting and reconnecting any connection having to do with the alarm. Make sure all your fuses are copper.
I'll look at that module and disconnect. I have errands scheduled for today. I DID have water leaking in the upper corners of the new windshield the DPO put in. My mechanic diagnosed that (I thought my sunroof was the culprit) and fixed that a couple of weeks ago and the rugs are still damp. I had badly corroded fuses and replaced them - cheaply. I'll be heading your advice about the copper fuses. Thanks heaps.

·
Registered
1977 280SE, 1984 280SEL
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll look at that module and disconnect. I have errands scheduled for today. I DID have water leaking in the upper corners of the new windshield the DPO put in. My mechanic diagnosed that (I thought my sunroof was the culprit) and fixed that a couple of weeks ago and the rugs are still damp. I had badly corroded fuses and replaced them - cheaply. I'll be heading your advice about the copper fuses. Thanks heaps.
Well, I found a 2.5 inch X 5 inch module inboard with a smaller and larger plug. I disconnected the smaller one and now I have a clicking sound like a turn signal relay - sort of. As long as the horn isn't blaring, I'll deal with that later.

·
1991 500SEC sub 50K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 150K mi. 2018
4,288 Posts
Well, I found a 2.5 inch X 5 inch module inboard with a smaller and larger plug. I disconnected the smaller one and now I have a clicking sound like a turn signal relay - sort of. As long as the horn isn't blaring, I'll deal with that later.
In case you need, here is the anti-theft wiring schematic for 1991 model year.

MBL

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts