Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have had this car since like forever i'm 19 now it's been what 12 years since this car has been in the family, or whatever the whole time it's been in the family this hasn't ever occured. The car won't start with the key. I tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over or do nothing. The glow plugs heat up but that's about it. Next i took it to a shop where they tested the starter and found that it wasn't the starter. Cause they jump started it from the inside. I figured out how to do that, so i can start the car but only from the starter, and then on top of that it sometimes deisels after you cut it off, but now it doesn't do that no more. but what do i replace the ignition switch or the safety neutral switch, another thing is that i can start the car in any gear, even in drive. cause trust me i did it once before and it's not pretty. under the hood starting the car and get ran over by your own car in idle. LMAO....

btw. i have a 82 240d auto,

so please someone help me with this.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll see

i'll take it to the dealer, but do you think i can change the switch myself? I had the bottom of the steering wheel compartment out, and so i saw the switch it's a 7 pin device right? I think i can change it. Do you think i should do it myself.

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
Replacing the switch

I can't remember the last w123 switch i changed so i can't picture it in my head. However on all of the 201/124/126's, you need to have the key in position number 1 before you can pull the connector off the back. Then there are three flat headed screws inside where the connector was. The switch should then fall off.
Hope this is the same method for the W123, otherwise, sorry for wasting your time. [:0]

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot

that's very helpful information, i'll try it out and hopefully it works, cause the switch isn't nothing but $50 dollars at the dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.