Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is how it turned out. Very toight. Hell yeah, I like the VIP look with the tire/ rim combo. Rides real decent considering its a Cab. Steering feel is much better.

·
Registered
00 CLK 430
405 Posts
very nice! those wheels definitely go well with that color. damn, i want one now. :)

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG, 2006 E500
1,029 Posts
Looks great! It'll be a few months before I can lower mine though...

I'm still worried about the rubbing issue now. I'm putting my wheels on in about a week and heading up Hwy 1 to Washington early next month. I hope I have enough time to get things worked out before I hit the road.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz E 250 CDI
102 Posts
G'day "H" can't say I'm a cab man myself but damn that's a bloody sweet looking ride Mate, great looking wheels too

·
Premium Member
2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
1,919 Posts
Hot!

:thumbsup: Just right! Thats all I can say. Good job!

·
Registered
2003 Ford Ranger kickass edition. Soon 2003 SL55
437 Posts
looks great man... I like the stance and the wheel gaps look about perfect. Im sure that you probally posted all of the stuff that you bought but please share again.. Rim size and offset.. also Camber issues with the drop?

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slotted rotors & Porterfield pads and a brake sys. flush.
Wheels 18 -8 1/2 fronts +35
18 -9 1/2 rears +38
Tires 225/40/18 fr.
255/35/18 rr.
Suspension
H&R Cab. springs
Bilstein shocks
SpeedyBenz camber adj.
spring pads re oem.

Rears are reset to camber. After I put some miles on it I will reset fronts. My stock height rear suspension even had some negative camber. (wear on the inside of the tire. Its now flat. 0* Also had an inner clearance issue on rears. Very close on 9 1/2's. Runs clean, very smooth. Still has Benz integrity just more feeling.

·
Registered
2003 Ford Ranger kickass edition. Soon 2003 SL55
437 Posts
nice work.. sounds like you put a bunch of cash into your ride. I just noticed that you also de-badged the CLK logo as well, looks clean. I wish i would have gone with the different offset for my rears as well.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't know about whether if it looks " VIP " but it looks cool. Clean look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks good I am doing the same. Your tire seems to fit better than mine. My side wall seems to slope in, looks to "player" to me. I like the straight up and down of your tire fit. I wonder if it is a product of brand (BFGoodrich Gforce) vs size. They were on the rims when I bought and about done and needing replacement. I was thinking of going 235/40 18 fr and 265/35 18 rear for more width and a more vertical sidewall. Seems it might be more a case of tire brand?

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tires in identical size can really be different in size overall and tread width and what we eyeball; sidewall profile. One of my best tools I use is Tirerack. You can look up just about any tire/size. They have a super useful tire and wheel guide. Check it out.

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG, 2006 E500
1,029 Posts
Hey Hary,

I've got a similar setup: Brembo Drilled w/Porterfield pads

After showing some kid tonight that no matter what markings you have, a Dodge Neon is still a Neon, I had to do some hard braking to avoid a known speed trap.

Have your pads sqeeled after working them? I'm hoping it's just a temporary noise.

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Prana, yah mine started like that. Its just initial break-in. The pads are seating. I did a couple of aggressive stops. Which can be kind of a bitch cause the whole initial break-in process is best without coming to a standstill. You want an even disc/pad surface. Its best to keep drivin after you heat em up to cool em down. The heat is what pads need for break-in. Also I got a crap load of brake dust for a couple days after break-in, now there's nothing. Good luck.

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Zoomon, Thats one hot setup. Your tires don't look pinched too bad. I took a look at my post pics, they don't really show how much mine are stretched over the rim. I'll take another set of pics. Even though its a digital picture there's alot a picture can't capture. But if I understand your concern for the rounded edge of the tire tread thing that is more a manufacturer design than a stretch/pinch. Nice look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, just need to get rid of the lifted 4x4 look, I am wondering how much pad I have in front and if I can go to a 1 and have it look ok with the stock springs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts