Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1983 380SL
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I have had more time at home with the virus lockdown, so I am tinkering with my SL. I just did a smoke test on my 380sl and found a few leaking places. The two hose attached to the idle speed control valve are hard as a rock and very loose.

The parts online show a picture of a hose with two vacuum lines coming out of it, but my hose only has one.
Fits Mercedes 380SL Fuel Injection Idle Air Control Valve Hose Genuine 91899PT

I don't see a part for the second part of the hose, but I assume I can just run up to an auto parts shop and get a piece cut of the same diameter using generic heater hose.

Lastly, there is a vacuum line coming off of the charcoal canister that I cannot figure out where it goes, but it seemed to come from under the driver side of the intake near the air hose that feeds the injectors. From the diagram it seems to be for the throttle valve housing. Not he red highlight but the yellow.. box

I found some old threads about this one, but the pictures are not there anymore. Where does this line actually connect? Does anyone have a picture?

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,169 Posts
The hose with two ports is the current one used on different models. Just plug the port you don't need if it is open. Replacement for the other hose is 116 094 13 91 and it will also have a side port for the same reason.

·
Registered
1983 380SL
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hose with two ports is the current one used on different models. Just plug the port you don't need if it is open. Replacement for the other hose is 116 094 13 91 and it will also have a side port for the same reason.
1160941391 Genuine Mercedes Idle Air Control Valve Hose; Air Connector to Idle Control Valve

Thanks! I just saw a picture connecting the two new pieces with a Vacuum line. Will that work, or should I just plug each?

Also do you know where the throttle valve housing nipples are for the vacuum lines?

·
R/C107 Moderator
32,169 Posts
Don't connect them. That may allow too much air to bypass. I'll see if I can find something on the throttle body.

·
Premium Member
1983 380SL, 2000 S430, 1991 420SEL (retired) - RHD
5,371 Posts
On mine there are 2 lines into the body, 1 on the outside, clearly visible and 1 on the inside quite difficult to get at. I had to use surgical pliers to be able to gain access. You have to feed the line in from the front and come from the top to attach it to the nipple. I hope I'm not giving you a bum steer. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 380SL
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On mine there are 2 lines into the body, 1 on the outside, clearly visible and 1 on the inside quite difficult to get at. I had to use surgical pliers to be able to gain access. You have to feed the line in from the front and come from the top to attach it to the nipple. I hope I'm not giving you a bum steer. :)
Hey Guys,

I found the nipples. they are hidden under the side. I had to use my scope to snoop around under there. The rubber elbow broke in two. Now I have to get a new rubber elbow and figure out how to get some pliers down in there to pull the old one off and slide a new one on. I may have to try the surgical pilars.

·
Registered
1983 380SL
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you happen to know the part number for that rubber elbow? Can't see it very well and I don't want to get the wrong size...

·
Premium Member
1983 380SL, 2000 S430, 1991 420SEL (retired) - RHD
5,371 Posts
Do you happen to know the part number for that rubber elbow? Can't see it very well and I don't want to get the wrong size...
No, sorry but you may find it in the EPC ( I don't have access)

·
R/C107 Moderator
32,169 Posts

·
Registered
1983 380SL
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1983 380SL
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried your recommendation and used a hemostat and my borescope to connect the hose connector. I think I should have tried to be a surgeon! That was delicate work, but I was able to sneak the hose onto the nipple. Thanks for the tip!

Now I am just waiting for the idle air valve connectors to arrive. Hopefully that will cure all of the vacuum leaks,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts