Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a 98 C230 Monday. It doesn't have a changer. I looked in the trunk today for the cable to plug into a CD Changer but could not find one. Should it be easily accessable or do i have to really dig around. Also, How do I tell if it is fiber optic or not?

·
Registered
2000 E320
173 Posts
I believe C class may have the changer in the glove box. I might be wrong but I recall hea...

I believe C class may have the changer in the glove box. I might be wrong but I recall hearing something like that. 98 probably is not fiber optic.

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
I am buying a 98 C230 Monday. It doesn't have a changer. I looked in the trunk today for the cable to plug into a CD Changer but could not find one. Should it be easily accessable or do i have to really dig around. Also, How do I tell if it is fiber optic or not?
It is not fibre optic. You can use some Alpine CD changers with the proper adapter.

The cable is sometimes in the cubbyhole on the right side of the trunk. Sometimes the cable has not been pulled through, so you need to remove the right side trunk liner to find the cable and pull it down into the cubbyhole.

Hope that helps.

-s-

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does the changer mount in the trunk

I bought the changer on ebay and ordered a bracket at the dealer. i brought home the car tonight. NICE.

It shows a picture in the stereo manual of the changer sitting in a cloth bag like the trunk material. Does the bracket attach to the bag and the changer sits inside, or does the bracket attach to the changer? Do I need the bag now also??

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
The changer bracket screws into the proper place in the trunk. The material that you refe...

The changer bracket screws into the proper place in the trunk. The material that you refer to is just a flap of material that mounts to the front of the CD changer. It flips up, but usually gets in the way while you are trying to load a magazine.

-s-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts