Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are being demo'ed to the public to gauge the interest in bring the SMART to Canada. Don't forget to fill out the survey at so-smart.com to express you interesting [;)]

For those of you who are in the lower mainland, the Boundary Road MB Canada dealership has one in the showroom right now. I'll have detailed pictures of that car sometime next week [:)]. Be sure to tell them that I sent you there [;)]

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
I actually like the numeric scheme. It looks really nice.

I would also like to see the...

I actually like the numeric scheme. It looks really nice.

I would also like to see the scratch black.

From what I have read, all the panels come as those colors, they are not painted on. Therefore, no scrathes in the paint down the primer.

Oh, when oh when can I get a Smart.

Everyone fill out the survey at www.so-smart.ca

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe yes, they are in different colours...

From what I have read, all the panels come as those colors, they are not painted on. Therefore, no scrathes in the paint down the primer.
I'm pretty sure that they are still painted though? I'll have to check on this [:)]

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
I pulled this from www.samrt.com[i][b]Bodypanels[/b]Becoming: the bodypanel system...

I pulled this from www.smart.com

Bodypanels

Becoming: the bodypanel system.
The nine body panels are made of thermoplastic, coloured throughout

This means: light weight, small scratches are invisible and optimum recycling possibilities.
The bodypanels are screwed to the TRIDION. Exchange is possible in the smartâ„¢ Center in less than an hour.

They must be platic panels impregnated with color, kind of like the Audi Allroads lower body panels.

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
Here are the pix that Drew snapped for me of the 2 Smarts travelling around Canada. Pleas...

Here are the pix that Drew snapped for me of the 2 Smarts travelling around Canada. Please fill out the form on www.so-smart.ca I really want this car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts