Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
72 Haflinger: 75 Pinzgauer 2.7i, 94 & 96 350GDT
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done the searches but still need some input.
Who are you guys using to insure your Mogs - interested in all but esp people in Ontario
Thanks!

·
72 Haflinger: 75 Pinzgauer 2.7i, 94 & 96 350GDT
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,107 Posts
My Apologies, I didn't notice that Kenny1 has his insured as a Tractor, that's no help. Do you have a Co-Operators in Bantario? They were really good with me, and if you go throght them I have the vehicle class ect that they used for mine.

·
Registered
1963 Unimog 404-S
31 Posts
Down here in Georgia I called Geico and said "1963 Mercedes Benz Pickup."

geico: "oh, I didn't know they made those!"

me: "well I guess they do!"

geico: "well then, sure no problem"

results may vary.

·
Registered
85 300GD LWB
501 Posts
canadian insurance

My Apologies, I didn't notice that Kenny1 has his insured as a Tractor, that's no help. Do you have a Co-Operators in Bantario? They were really good with me, and if you go throght them I have the vehicle class ect that they used for mine.
Care to share? I'd like to have mine insured but not a commercial vehicles, rates go way up. Most companies I've called are dumbstruck when I tell them unimog, go figure. We've got co-operators insurance here.

·
Registered
U1300L
37 Posts
I just insured mine through Meloche Monnex, who I have 4 other vehicles, including 3 Jeeps insured with. I had to provide an appraisal (cost me $200), and a safety inspection from a shop certified to perform safety inspections on vehicles with "air brakes" (cost me $225). The biggest hurdle was finding a shop that would do a safety inspection on a Unimog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts