Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
without any problems? or do you have to worry about getting another amp, etc. for the bose speakers?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Can you switch out the headunit of the bose system without changing the speakers...

I don't know about CLK, but i've successfully<br> replaced head unit on the Bose C280 with<br> Sony Minidisc unit. It was like plug and play.<br> Wish windows to work that way:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Can you switch out the headunit of the bose system without changing the speakers...

Yes, I just put in a SONY 770 with a 10 disk changer and did not touch the speakers. It works very well and sounds much cleaner than the BOSE unit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does the bose system have a separate amp powering the speakers? (more)

if so, what if the head unit i am putting in has a built in amp? thanks in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: does the bose system have a separate amp powering the speakers? (more)

Bose attaches to the high-output speaker<br> connectors on the standard DIN socket, present<br> in every car radio. It does not use preamp<br> outputs. So the only problem you can expect is<br> a slight change in the volume levels if<br> output power of your radio will differ too much<br> from the original head unit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yes, I changed out my Bose head-unit and put in an Alpine...I like it MUCH MUCH better! I recommend taking out the Bose head...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts